• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

It's to laugh: September (to annoy Michael)

Nickodell

Donation Time
The European Commission has just announced that English will be the official language of the European Union. German, which was the other possibility, narrowly missed out.

During negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling was illogical and very difficult for non-natives to learn, and accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become known as 'Euro-English'.

In the first year, 'S' will replace the soft 'c' and 'ce.'. Sertainly this will make members of the sivil servis jump with joy. The hard 'c' will be dropped in favor of 'k'. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced with 'f'. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptans of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a
deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent 'e' in the languag is disgrasful and it shud go away.

By the 4th yer pepl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th' with 'z,' 'w' with 'v' and the hard 'i' with 'y.'.

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary 'O' kan be dropd from vords kontaining 'ou' and after zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl ryten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil fynd it ezi Tu understand ech oza.
Ze drem of a united urop vil fynali kum tru.

Und after zis fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German; lyk ve vunted in ze forst plas! Seig Heil!!

skywords

Donation Time
That's very creative Nick.

Ze very point of ze doomsday device is lost, if you keep it a secret. So vi ditin you tell ze world!!!

Nickodell

Donation Time
You obviously missed a post from a twerp Down Under, one of the very few Aussies I've ever encountered with an absence of a sense of humor. You may recall, he has posted such charming stuff as hoping that I would die soon. I was going to be out of town for a couple of days, so I posted the August funny on July 30. Said twerp, predictably, put in a post [here I paraphrase]: "ha ha ha hee hee hee ho ho ho Nick's such an old fart that he doesn't know what month it is."

Thus, in the same spirit, and to annoy him (which usually results in a foaming-at-the-mouth post in ALL CAPITALS!!!), I posted September's funny in August, followed by another one. Maybe I'll post October's now. Yep.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I wasn't going to bother dignifying yet another one of Nick’s juvenile posts, but as he has yet again decided to outright lie and falsify information (much as anything he does to substantiate his mindless rants) I will post exactly what I said to dear Nick O’Dell in his previous post

30 days has September, April, June and November.. all the rest have 31.. except for February...

Bit early there nick... unless the USA is now a day ahead of Australia.

Now then you have Nick’s claim that I told him to die, once again, not true.. he took a line I said to him long ago and read that into it. That’s his issue not mine.

I will however say that as per normal Nick will not understand that by even posting the topic the way he has with the threads name he is proving again his immature and juvenile nature.

As for me thinking Nick has lost his mind because he is old, no, there are plenty of mature aged members on this board, probably the majority. They don’t seem to find the need to desperately try and validate their lives by posting every spam, chain or junk mail they receive. They don’t have to post rubbish remarks when people ask for help with their cars, they tend not to come across as racist and misogynistic. I am sure that Nick’s behavior simply comes down to the fact he is desperately lonely and not particularly intelligent.

Go ahead Nick, make up some more rubbish, call me some more names validate everything I say.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
3980990_01850f2e59.jpg

Nickodell

Donation Time
Ah, Michael. I didn't even need to name you. You recognized yourself :D

Speaking of liars, your actual comment, about 18 months ago, was (relating to my death) "which we can only hope will not be long delayed." Reading that in, was I? You remind me of politicians who, when caught out with their own words, always fall back on the excuse that they were quoted out of context.

I've met hundreds of Aussies over the years, particularly in the RAF, and have one who is my nephew. Without exception they were great guys who were fine ambassadors for your country. You prove the exception to the rule. I can only repeat my early hope that you get professional help.

P.S. Note the difference. One person hopes the other dies soon. The other hopes the first gets help. Q.E.D.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Nick,

Given your petty history and the fact i am the only Australian Michael on the board i didn't have much trouble working out who you apparently meant..

As for your quote "which we can only hope will not be long delayed." why dont you go into the archive of the old board and post the whole sentece accurately.. or would that be to much to ask?

Nick.. get a life.. stop reading junk mail and posting it here.. i think i hear the chair rolling out the door better go grab it before your captive escapes.. poor thing.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm thinking for SUNI 5 next year we're going to sponsor a cage match between Nick and Michael and be done with this once and for all. :rolleyes:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ha! Indeed. Hey, back when I was a kid (and that's a long time ago, for those of you keeping score), if two kids had begun fighting the counselors would strap gloves on them after dinner and make them into the evening's entertainment, complete with a proper referee, and in accordance with Marquess of Queensberry rules. Good fun, and it reduced random fist-fights enormously. (But, alas, the insurance clowns and trial attorneys have eaten yet another tradition, I'm sure.)

Hey, at least you two do agree on a couple of things - you both like Sunbeams, and are probably not amused at my peace-mobile picture post. Can we start there and see where it goes?

:D

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Damn Hippies!!!! :D:D:D

I resemble that comment, sir. In fact, here's a pic of me - complete with hippie hair - from the early 1970's, in the midst of one of my first few restorations. Can you guess the car? (no fair looking at the filename!)

KBM1959Turner950S.jpg

(Hints: They made only about 1200 total cars in the 50's and 60's, and this was serialized as #68, however in actuality my car's body was #1, since it was the steel buck used to make the original car mold. The rest of their cars were fiberglass. When they changed the body style they no longer needed the buck so they popped it onto a chassis and sold it. These cars were extremely popular - and remain so - in club racing throughout the UK, and there were also two major resellers of these in Ohio and Florida.)

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
That appears to be an early Turner. Love to watch those running around Lime Rock! Elegant in their simplicity!
Cherio!
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Oh yeah, and by the way, you don't look like too much of a hippie. Your hair's too short & neat & clean. Mine was longer and given it's unruly nature wasn't anywhere as neat looking. You also don't have any scruffy facial hair, I had a beard, sort of. Sorry no pictures to post!
Cheers!
Steve

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh yeah, and by the way, you don't look like too much of a hippie. Your hair's too short & neat & clean. Mine was longer and given it's unruly nature wasn't anywhere as neat looking. You also don't have any scruffy facial hair, I had a beard, sort of. Sorry no pictures to post!
Cheers!
Steve

Well, I was only 16 in that pic... a bit early for beard material! The hair kept growing, though - by the time I was in college it was half-way down my back, and as it was blond it was the envy of many girls! :D They loved to brush and play with it, and I can't say I minded since it often led to other things (ahem). ;)

And yep, it's a Turner 950-S. 948cc Austin A-Series engine & trans, A35 front suspension and a special torsion-bar rear with Panhard rod. Loved that car.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
complete with a proper referee, and in accordance with Marquess of Queensberry rules.

Makes me think immediately of that famous fight scene in The Quiet Man with John Wayne. Great movie. Hilarious fight scene.