• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

It's going to be sold !

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Sounds like the auction company wants some business, whether or not you can sell it for more.

I agree with Bill Atalla. I don´t think you are selling it too cheap.

Jose

John Boggis

Donation Time
I have received an e-mail from a car dealer offering me £25,000 without even seeing the car ! Do they know something I don't ?

atallamcs

Donation Time
Alpine

Seriously, having sold many Sunbeams for top dollar,you should take it. We all know another sunbeam owner is not going to buy it. Alpine guys tend to be a bit thrifty and Tiger guys--well, they will buy a Tiger. I own both, so that makes me a hybrid, like so many.
Bill

John Boggis

Donation Time
He may be right that the car will go for more at auction, however with their fees etc i wonder if you would end up with less?

Hi Michael, The way Coys work is they only take commission after the reserve price has been reached. If the car is sold for say the exact reserve price then I would receive the full amount. They have advised a reserve of £30,000 on my Alpine so maybe I can't loose anything in giving it a go.
They make their money from the buyers fees.

John Boggis

Donation Time
Seriously, having sold many Sunbeams for top dollar,you should take it. We all know another sunbeam owner is not going to buy it. Alpine guys tend to be a bit thrifty and Tiger guys--well, they will buy a Tiger. I own both, so that makes me a hybrid, like so many.
Bill

Hello Bill,

I am certainly not expecting to sell my Alpine on this Forum...all the guys on here, like yourself own one ! Going back to the Coys guy he said that in his opinion the car would go to one of the many private car collections in Europe.

65beam

Donation Time
going to be sold

dude,
if i remember right, john said in a previous post quite awhile ago that the carpets were one of the things replaced on this car. the price that john is asking is a very fair price. to restore a car to the quality of this car would cost what he is asking or maybe even more. to do it right takes a lot of time. i know that to be fact. if someone has the money to buy john's car they can drive it away or they can take a couple years and probably spend more than what he's asking in order to restore a car to the same condition as john's. i know what i paid tiger auto to restore the wife's alpine body and that was 15 years ago. the cost now is going to be much more. i hope that john finds a future owner that will give the car the TLC that it deserves. if it gets shipped to another country, i hope it doesn't get damaged.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Alpine

Absolutely, I agree--you said it better than I--it is not likely to be someone on this forum but a collector of all types.
Bill
I am certainly not expecting to sell my Alpine on this Forum...all the guys on here, like yourself own one ! Going back to the Coys guy he said that in his opinion the car would go to one of the many private car collections in Europe.[/QUOTE]

agmason

Donation Time
"I have received an e-mail from a car dealer offering me £25,000 without even seeing the car ! Do they know something I don't ?"

Yes, that it is worth more than 25,000 pounds. If the dealer buys it from you he will sell it at more that 25,000, obviously. So your 30,000 asking price is certainly correct and probably on the low side.