• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Is this for real?

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi guys/gals

OK - I don't go to Ebay every day so when I found this $1299.99 windshield I was quite surprised. I did not know that parts for our cars had seen such inflation! So what's the deal with this seller? Is he just unaware that new windshields are available for about 1/10th of his asking price?

Maybe the windshield is signed by Lord Rootes.

uff da

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Yeah, Paul...that's the same retard that keeps clogging Ebay with stuff that he swears up and down is "rare." Note his screen name..."highiqinny," which I'm assuming means "high IQ in New York;" rather presumptuous of him, wouldn't you say? Several of our forum members, myself included, have contacted him through Ebay and tried to inform him of his obvious mis-pricing of his items, only to be told in an uncerimonious fashion that "we don't know what we're talking about." At this point, I just use his ads for some comedy relief!!

Personallly, I think he should consider changing his screen name to a more truthful representation, such as "screwu2yurneesinny!!"

Just my opinion, though,

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
When you see Tigers selling for $60k and up, people selling parts will want to cash in on it.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I like the phrase in the ad..."you know these are expensive dealer parts...". Anyone who buys from him should have their IQ checked. Jeff

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Do we have anyone in the Sunbeam World that is stuXXd enough to pay those prices?

Unfortunately yes and its not a matter of smarts, its a matter of not knowing the value and sources of parts.

Any time a newby buys a sunbeam, the usual outcome is for them to look for something that they need and get screwed by the first couple of sellers they come across.

Our friend in NY need only wait for these people and he will always be right in the end becuase sooner or later he will find an inexperienced buyer that will buy into his rhetoric and kick themselves when they find out that the parts aren't as rare as they were led to believe.

I just had exactly this experience recently with a local that got screwed pretty thoroughly with another local whose parts were apparently made of gold.

britbeam

Donation Time
This guy is as Looney as that guy in IRAN whats his name Oh its
amjd the nutjob. $1299 hes outa his mind.
Dwain

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I emailed the guy and he said that if I could get a new one for 345 + crateing and shiping what am I looking at his listing for.:confused:

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Bob:

Yep...that's this guy's "MO," alright. You write to him to point out the obvious and all you get is a rather terse, smart a$$ answer back. Who knows; maybe he needs big bucks from his parts to afford all the mind-altering chemicals that he's evidently on...;)

I say we just sit back and enjoy the cheap entertainment!!!!

Take care,