• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Is this a modified Alpine?

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Let's see, what can I say? I like Red. Probably has much more room in the Boot when they removed the false floor, nice paint job. Not real fond of this modification, a little overpowering to say the least. But, each to his own... It does give you a good place to put the license plate though.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Looks like a Continental kit on a third of a Lincoln. Wow I can't imagine having that much free time and that kind of a whim...

65beam

Donation Time
Looks like a Continental kit on a third of a Lincoln. Wow I can't imagine having that much free time and that kind of a whim...
Warren,
How about this one? It draws a lot of attention and crowds where ever it goes. Somewhere I have a photo of his other Tiger that has a continental kit. Just a couple cars that show that owners can and will107_1355.JPG do it their way. The date showing is wrong. This photo was taken at the Boyne, Michigan United a few years back.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have seen both of those Sunbeams.....

The side vent on the Pink Tiger does a good job of bringing fresh air into the cabin.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
On the upside, the continental kit doesn’t appear to modify the original car, so I see it as less offensive in terms of originality.

65beam

Donation Time
On the upside, the continental kit doesn’t appear to modify the original car, so I see it as less offensive in terms of originality.
I can tell you that neither owner is worried about originality. They're just doing their thing to their cars.

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
Here is a Tiger from a few years ago at Carlisle Import and Kit show. I've also seen a Continental kit on an Alpine in a junk collection. Certainly not a look I like for a Sunbeam.

Rick
P1070695r.jpg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, given the car's design was derived from the Ford Thunderbird, the addition of side vents and a Continental kit aren't really that far from the spirit of the original design (but certainly they're not to my liking either).

65beam

Donation Time
It would be a dull world if everyone thought the same. I can't believe nobody has mentioned the tail lights on the pink car.

Last edited:

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
Speaking of tail lights and a dull world.... more photos from the Alpine junkyard near me. Check out the early series Alpine all the way to the right. I have not attempted to understand this one.

Rick
P1040287r.jpg

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bob I don't care if they put a BFn set of steer horns and six shooter door handles on their cars.
I guess that is why I don't have a red or green Tiger and prefer personalized.

65beam

Donation Time
Bob I don't care if they put a BFn set of steer horns and six shooter door handles on their cars.
I guess that is why I don't have a red or green Tiger and prefer personalized.
Do you own any drivable Alpines ?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
It's obvious to me that this is a post dedicated to controversy as it's a "modification" to the original, clear and present ... and!! .... reason?? ... opinions .. suggestions? .. stirring da' pot? .... Just wonderingo_O

........ David