• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Is MC Girling 875 original

the ghoul

Donation Time
dont want to hijack a thread here but i think my question fits best here...
I have a LHD brake cylinder that Im rebuilding. first off, whats with the stupid press on dust seal reaitner??!! Is this stock or does it show that I have an after market unit?
I will check the markings when I get home but I have another issue...
the seal in the kit was just a tad oversized (1/8" diameter larger than stock max) I went about the rebuild as instructed the only thing I didnt do was lubracate the walls with some unused brake fluid... I insted used some of the red grease.
Well I fought like crazy to get the plunger assembily in place and compressed it to test and the plunger didnt come back up!!
then I went to put the dust seal into the press on cap and the dust seal seems to be oversized by about the same amount!!
did I get the wrong seal kit?
or
are there two diffrent boars about 1/8" diffrence?
or
is it just that tight because I used a thick grease insted of the fluid?

the ghoul

Donation Time
looks like I may have answered my own question.
I love classic sunbeam, they have always treated me right, but just for comparrison sake i jumped on rootes.com to check out what they had for master cylinder rebuild kits....
i found out there are 3 diffrent kits out there
series 1=HK22
series 3-4=HK32
series 5=HK52
I cant vouch that the master cylinder in this car is orrigional so I suspect its a diffrent series master cylinder which is causing the issue