• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion XV planning, advice and more volunteers?

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
How about a "Track Tour" of Las Vegas International Speedway" and a visit to the Shelby museum?

Sounds like some good ideas. We need to help Paul get down to business with the Invasion XV planning.

I would be great to get some advice from previous Invasion organizers. Ohio guys, Scott and Ian, Carolinas - Todd and Eric, Minnesota - George and Pete, and all the others. Can you guys give some input?

Paul S. got any immediate questions or needs?

Nick or anyone else in the Southwest/West Coast up for helping Paul out?

Thanks,
Todd

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
since I was asked - advice - for what it is worth

1) start planning early! :)
2) have someone act as overall coordinator of persons, places, events
3) start early
4) determine specific needs/responsibilities and ask for help/assistance for each
5) start early
6) determine potential income sources, including SAOCA help, registration, etc.
7) start early
8) determine total potential costs/expenditures of necessary items - rooms, meals, registration, meeting areas, parts room, etc.
9) start early
10) determine potential costs for desireable items such as hospitality, awards, trophies/plaques, etc.
11) start early
12) map out daily activities/events - show n' shine, tech sessions, Sunbeam cruise in, etc. -take advantage of unique opportunities in the area - geographic location, motor sports, historical areas, etc.
13) start early
14) coordinate with local or regional car clubs - advertise locally through press releases to area newspapers, radio and tv
15) start early! :)

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
negotiating

1. Start early, many months, year in advance.
2. For the door prizes, and prizes ask local national automotive stores for free promotional merchandize or gift cards. (hats to T-shirts, ect.) Another source is the state's Welcome centers free pamphlets and discounts.
3. Host hotel, location location location, then negotiate, negotiate!
4. Negotiate fees for any group events
5. Make reservations for dinner or lunch at local restaurants and negotiate the cost! (Often best to just set it up and the participants pay for food, except for the last finial awards dinner.)
6. Once you finalize the hotel, activities, dinners, then establish the cost for the group per person or per entry car.

Donna
:D

Finaddict

Donation Time
Vegas Invasion Volunteer

Hey Paul, I'm in Vegas every week or so. If I can help with scouting, arrangements, etc. let me know. Send me a PM & I'll send my phone #.

Rex Funk

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sounds good, but I don't even know if we have a firm enough commitment yet for numbers attending.
But, this is my last week in KC! Ben in LV for good Sat.
I'll send you my number.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sounds good, but I don't even know if we have a firm enough commitment yet for numbers attending.
But, this is my last week in KC! Ben in LV for good Sat.
I'll send you my number.

Historically, as I recall, SAOCA has been very slow to respond to any attempts to determine participation numbers for Invasion events. A leap of faith is necessary if you are anywhere outside of Ohio or Indiana, it seems.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Historically, as I recall, SAOCA has been very slow to respond to any attempts to determine participation numbers for Invasion events. A leap of faith is necessary if you are anywhere outside of Ohio or Indiana, it seems.

Paul, SAOCA is slow to respond because nobody has a clue as to how many will participate until way past the deadline to make firm commitments. Holding the event in Indiana is no guarantee of high participation, I think we had 44 bodies and about 20 cars for Invasion V.

Makes it tough for all involved, especially when trying to determine registration fees. Judging from the response to the poll and the Alpine turnout (16) at the recent SUNI, I would guess about fifteen cars.

Bill

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
Invasion Xv

My dad's old Alpine has gone for paint/ restoration.... I hope it is ready to drive by April...This car was bought new from Crane Motors, Gainesville, FL, in early '68....Max Hicks worked in Crane Motor's body-shop...now he owns Max's paint & body, Gainesville, FL...and his crew is repainting the Alpine!
I have high hopes of good workmanship, but tremble at the expense of it all!
Shannon :D

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

bill,
you need to plan on being at the united in Dayton at the end of july. there will be quite a showing of all rootes cars. you don't need to be a member of TE/AE to attend. there is info for registration along with a list of activities for the united on the TE/AE site. hotel reservations need to be made direct thru the hotel. this should be a large showing of rootes vehicles.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
bill,
you need to plan on being at the united in Dayton at the end of july. there will be quite a showing of all rootes cars. you don't need to be a member of TE/AE to attend. there is info for registration along with a list of activities for the united on the TE/AE site. hotel reservations need to be made direct thru the hotel. this should be a large showing of rootes vehicles.

We are.

But two years without a real Invasion does not seem right. Makes the SAOCA look and feel like an internet site, not a car club.

Bill