• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion XIV

dmich2

Donation Time
I know it's early, but are there any rumors of places considering holding the next Invasion?

Dennis

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Dennis,
I'm not too sure of this but I heard there might not be an Invasion next year due to it being the year for the SUNI. Eric and I will have our gathering in Columbia again. Sam Maw and the Greenville SC gang may do something up there for an Invasion in the future too. I think "Invading" the Dobson NC show called "the Gathering" next year would be fun. With all that said I do not think there is an organized Invasion for next year.
Cheers,

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
We discussed this during our latest officer's Skype meeting. The current inclination is to forego an official SAOCA Invasion XIV as we did in 2009, when SUNI V took place in South Dakota. Basically, we considered SUNI V the "Invasion" that year. I have not had any contact with the SUNI organizers yet, but we would like to encourage everyone to attend SUNI VI.

TEAE decided to hold their annual United next year instead of cancelling it and considering SUNI their United as they did in 2009. So this is another option for SAOCA members.

We have plans under discussion to encourage SAOCA member attendance to these events, such as possible SAOCA support at the events or even registration fee subsidies for SAOCA donors.

Organizing the Invasion is not a trivial effort, both for the local Invasion committee and the SAOCA staff. Unless someone is very keen on hosting an Invasion in 2014 and willing to make a strong commitment to getting it done, we will continue the recent tradition of an Invasion off year every 5 years.

Of course, that means we can start working on 2015! With the extra time we should be able to come up with a great event, so start thinking about possible 2015 locations, especially if we can invade an exiting British car show!

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

anyone that has been around for all of the suni's knows that max has been pretty much a one man army for all of them. that's one reason there are clubs that don't have much input on it like they did with suni 1. he has done good for the last 25 years and they have been enjoyable. i'm looking forward to next years event. we have been to all of them.

RootesRich

Donation Time
CATO is heavily involved in the planning of SUNI VI, being that it's in our backyard. With a local Sunbeam club helping with the planning/ organization, this should be a great event.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I wonder how much it would cost to have a 18 wheeler haul a load of cars to the SUNI from SC?

I sure will not drive mine that far and will not trailer it that far, but it would be fun to attend!

Cheers,

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
July 2014 in Colorado Springs, CO.

Rumor has it this may be the last SUNI (unless someone new takes over the organizing mantle).

Has a tentative date in July been selected?

I'd very much like to attend if I can schedule it but as much advance notice as possible will be needed.

The last SUNI was a blast.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
From what I understand SUNI VI will be July 4 2014 week in Colorado Springs CO.

I hope I'm letting the cat out of the bag, but I think the TE/AE United is tentatively planned for sometime around Sept/Oct 2014 in Boyne Mountain, MI.

Of course this year's United will be Oct. 10-13 in St. Michaels, MD.

dmich2

Donation Time
Hey Todd. I have a friend who can put me in contact with a trucking company. He told me if I forward him; information including car make, model, pu and delivery address, dates, etc, he can have some people call me.

My suggestion would be to see of interest in the NC, SC, GA areas, select a location for all to meet and load a truck. I, for one, would not be interested in a covered hauler like the ones that I see for "exotic' cars. I would think if we had 8-10 cars a regular car carrier might work.

And how about this? We have the hauler drop the cars off 3-4 hours outside of Colorado Springs and we caravan in!!! :D

Dennis

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Dennis,

I think it is worth pursuing. I would say drop me off about thirty minutes out of town though. My back cannot handle much more than that. I agree , an open trailer is all we need. Depending on where the truck owner is located we could coordinate him to run through NC, SC and GA picking up cars on the way. I guess we could get 8 or so cars on one of these haulers.

A couple of years ago we used Amtrac to haul from the north to Fla for an event. I think it was the Daytona United. That is where the posters came from too.

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Dennis,

Depending on where the truck owner is located we could coordinate him to run through NC, SC and GA picking up cars on the way. I guess we could get 8 or so cars on one of these haulers.

Cheers,

Ok, Now that our cars are there how are we to join them ?:D

Tom j

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
A couple of years ago we used Amtrac to haul from the north to Fla for an event. I think it was the Daytona United. That is where the posters came from too.

Todd, So THAT's how/ why they came to use an Alpine for the poster. It has puzzled me. Thanks for that inpiration and the info.

Tom