• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion XIII

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Invasion XIII - Has been set. The details are being made! Eric Gibeaut and I are already setting the agenda for the weekend and we have the dates. The next Invasion will be April 4th - April 7th of 2013. We will have a large parts room / hospitality room so start gathering your parts up. One question I want throw out to the members is: What would you like to see as a tech session? We have a couple of time slots already marked for tech sessions and may have up to three. I am going to try to have something special for all those Sunbeam owners that make the effort and bring more than one Sunbeam! So, if you have a project you are working on, you have only 6 months till the next Invasion so get busy! Details will start flowing over the next couple of weeks. The goal is to have 50 cars this year!!! We will be invading an all British car show called Carolina British Classics and it is tied in with a Scottish Games Fesitval. It will be more than you can do and see in one day! The link for the Scottish Games is:

http://www.tartandaysouth.com/#!

Watch for details and post what you would like to see a tech sessions!!!

See ya in a few months!

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
This may be too heavy duty but we're awfully thin on resources who know how to inspect and rebuild gearboxes and rear ends. Teaching more of us how to do these two things (overdrives too?) would help keep more cars on the road.

Still like Todd's steering box rebuild idea.
Tuning / jetting Webers? (Fly in Rich Vose the rock star from Liverpool)
Tuning / rebuilding twin Zeniths
Rebuilding hydraulics

Properly set up and organized with good examples of good and bad units, these would be a powerful draw. I'd be willing to come in a day early for all day sessions. Would others?

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've got a Color-Tune if,we can get another one plus someone really familiar with their use might make an interesting tech session .
Tom I

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Happy New Years everyone! Circle the date on your calendar and make plans to attend the 2013 Invasion in Columbia, South Carolina. For a second year in a row the Sunbeams will be "invading" a local British car show as well as the Scottish Games. There will be plenty to see and do during the weekend-stay tuned for updates and start working on your Sunbeam so it is ready to go!

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Think I'm going with the Mc Alpine tartan.
just the right color to go with the car.

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
An Invasion refresher!

Invasion XIII - Has been set. The details are being made! Eric Gibeaut and I are already setting the agenda for the weekend and we have the dates. The next Invasion will be April 4th - April 7th of 2013. We will have a large parts room / hospitality room so start gathering your parts up. One question I want throw out to the members is: What would you like to see as a tech session? We have a couple of time slots already marked for tech sessions and may have up to three. I am going to try to have something special for all those Sunbeam owners that make the effort and bring more than one Sunbeam! So, if you have a project you are working on, you have only 6 months till the next Invasion so get busy! Details will start flowing over the next couple of weeks. The goal is to have 50 cars this year!!! We will be invading an all British car show called Carolina British Classics and it is tied in with a Scottish Games Fesitval. It will be more than you can do and see in one day! The link for the Scottish Games is:

http://www.tartandaysouth.com/#!

Watch for details and post what you would like to see a tech sessions!!!

The details for the motel are:
Address: The Wingate by Wyndham (same motel as last years SOS)
108 Saluda Pointe Court
Lexington, SC 29072

Phone: (803)957-5000 Fax: (803)957-2480

Rates: $89.00 per night if you register by March 4th, 2013. The rooms will then be on a first come first served basis.

When you call the motel tell them you are an attendee of The Sunbeam Invasion for these rates.

See ya in a few months!

CHEERS,

dmich2

Donation Time
Tom!!! You are correct-a-munndo. The MacAlpine clan has a site http://www.scotclans.com/scottish_clans/clan_macalpine/ and I do like the tartan (see below)
home_tartan1.jpg

I did see there is also a soft blueish one on another site.

Being a novice at this, I am assuming it's about the layout, spacing and size of lines and patterns that denote a clan.

I'll do a kilt if others do, but will not go "regimental".....sorry. :eek:

Let us know when a decision is made.

Dennis

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a tranny, also one in pieces and a seperate overdrive that I can loan for demo purposes...also rear chunk, axel, backing plate ect

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

eric,
you may want to check with the hotel on the rate. when i called to make my reservation they had nothing in their computer telling what the rate is. the lady said she would have to verify with management what our rate is. i told her what you had listed and she showed the 89.00 on my confirmation. she said if it was wrong , she would contact me.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, It should be corrected now. They contract I had to sign was just sent to them yesterday morning and they probably just had not updated their system. We should be good to go. I'll check with them today to be sure.

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

todd,
they emailed me my reservation showing the correct rate. we're checking in on the 3rd. when are you posting the invasion registration form? it's only two and a half months till the invasion.