• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion wrap-up (and more pics)

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
A few more pictures from the dinner and Invasion wrap-up. Clicking on any picture should get you into the album and you can see the rest of the pics there. If anyone wants a full size original, PM or email me your email address and the pic #'s and I will email the files.

We made it home no problem. It's just not the same in a modern car. The MINI is fun and all, but you don't get that energetic buzz from driving a vintage Alpine across country, ready to deal with unexpected events at any moment, while relishing the wind in your hair and the sounds and smells of British motoring. A bit ironic that our closet Invasion so far is the year the Alpine is disassembled and we take Ann Marie's MINI.

The Invasion was a blast! It was great to see all the familiar faces. It is always a pleasure to catch up with our Georgia buddies Tom and Allan, both driving all the way and vying for Longest Distance driven. We hope both of you guys make it home safely. Also great to see the Ohio reps, Ken, Brad and Michelle, and Barb and Bill (I know you're in Indiana but to me you're pretty close to the "center of Sunbeam universe"). Great to see Jim and Cathy from St. Louis. We also "caught up" with Tom and Pam from Wisconsin, having met briefly on the Poker Run at SUNI in South Dakota, but got much better acquainted this time. We'll look for you guys at the Chicago British Car show next week if you decide to make it.

It was also nice to met some new friends and hear some great stories. Especially putting a face to Tom Hayden's name, Ann Marie and I had a great time hanging with Tom, throw in a little Janis Joplin and who knows what might happen...

Also nice to meet a good Wisconsin contingent and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of Minnesota and Iowa Sunbeams in attendance; nice to meet Steve Meyers and hear about his completely over the top car collection. Steve, you should post some pics of your "garage". There are some very nice looking Sunbeams in the upper Midwest.

I apologize for not mentioning everyone we had the pleasure to talk to, the entire group really did make this year's Invasion an enjoyable event.

Finally, I would like to congratulate Jack and Chris, George and Angie, and Paul and Susan for putting on a outstanding Invasion, good job guys! You know, it's probably a good thing that Ann Marie only gets together with the better halves once a year. (I'd put a smiley here but it counts towards my 4 picture limit...)

Boarding the river boat for a dinner cruise.

Heading through the locks.

Ann Marie and I enjoying the scenery.

Sunday morning, bonnets up one last time...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Some nice pics and looks like a great event.. some faces i can identify.

I see alans MKIA with dunlop wheels and jacks SII.. very nice.. whose car is the 86 green Tiger with stock wheels.. very nice and the red SIV with wires:

jack Bacon

Donation Time
The green Tiger with stock wheels belongs to Randy Zimmeran of Duluth, MN who received the Best Tiger and Best of Show Awards. The beautiful Series IV belongs to Mitch Peterson of Prior Lake, MN who received the Best Series IV Award.

Jack

alpine_64

Donation Time
The green Tiger with stock wheels belongs to Randy Zimmeran of Duluth, MN who received the Best Tiger and Best of Show Awards. The beautiful Series IV belongs to Mitch Peterson of Prior Lake, MN who received the Best Series IV Award.
Jack

Thanks for the info jack, your SII looked great too.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Wish I could have made it this year, but the folks who make my house payment possible had other plans. Glad everyone had a good time and hope I make the next one.