• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Intro and a leaky carb

mini cuda

Donation Time
Good day to all,
It is a pleasure to find this forum. I have recently acquired a 1969?/70? Sunbeam apline GT. The production date is October 1969 so I will assume it is a 1970 model. It has been in my family since new. I was driven until 1972, when it was parked and hasn't seen the road until now. The car is in over all great shape, with minor cosmetics needed. It is mechanically sound and runs very well. The stromberg carburetors are leaking at the bottom and that is my question. How does one fix this problem. I have no literature yet so any help will be appreciated. Also I am in need of a new hood emblem (bonnet badge) as well as some other items I will be looking for. It will be a pleasure talking with members here and I am sure a pleasure working on the car.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Mini,
Welcome. There's some info on the earlier cars under Technical Data on the home page. While it's not specifically about the 69/70, the carb info will be close. There are a few O-rings that are easy to replace, that should control the leakage until you mount a proper re-build. (Since the leak is right over the exhaust, you are correct to attend to it first.)

We're a little light on information for these later cars, so an on-line manual is not available on the site. The running gear is very similar, so looking over the SV manual would help until you secure more documentation.

There are a few '69 owners here who will chime in, as well. If you (and they) will send in your VIN information, we'll add a page to the Registry, too. Just do it under SV, with a comment that it's a fastback. I'll sort 'em out.

Good luck!