• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Intake manifold mod assitance needed

mbrianrobinson

Donation Time
We are getting our Alpine (Yellow #10 with SOVREN) ready for racing this spring, and are going back to the Stromberg CD150 carbs to comply with the rules. I am working on the intake manifold, and need some assistance with how to deal with the crossover chamber between the two carb passages. Should I close off this chamber so that each carb feeds only it's two cylinders?
Thanks,
Mark Robinson

RootesRacer

Donation Time
We are getting our Alpine (Yellow #10 with SOVREN) ready for racing this spring, and are going back to the Stromberg CD150 carbs to comply with the rules. I am working on the intake manifold, and need some assistance with how to deal with the crossover chamber between the two carb passages. Should I close off this chamber so that each carb feeds only it's two cylinders?
Thanks,
Mark Robinson

No, you dont want to do this.

1) It feeds both pairs of cyls with PCV as well as brake booster air.

2) Having it makes the carb idle synchronization less critical by blending both carbs flow through the balance plenum.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Missed seeing you there Mark. Hope you get this going by the May race. We had another Alpine entered but he didn't make it. Not familiar with it. If you need any help, let me know.

Thanks,
Mark Robinson