• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Installing a T5 in my SIV V6

Mark T

Donation Time
I have to rebuild the engine in my 1964 SIV V6 so might as well change the tranny to a T5 while I'm at it. I need the '74-'78 Mustang II bellhousing, flywheel and the driveshaft from a '83-'86 T-Bird 3.8 V6 Automatic. I have a line on a T5 transmission locally (from a '97 Mustang V6 with 87,000 miles on it) but $500 seems a little steep. Thanks!

bluoval

Donation Time
t5

hi mark 500 for the t5 is steep unless it was rebuilt. then the price is in line if it has not been rebuilt plan on doing one . you dont want to do the install then have to pull it out and replace a syncro or a bearing and the cost will be about 200 to 250 for a rebuild earl blu ooval

britbeam

Donation Time
If the seller will agree pop open the tranny and see if its been making metal,missing teeth ect. I was lucky on my T5 for $200. Opened it up put new shaft seals and gaskets. Now 10,000 miles later still going strong. I do think if possible a look at the car it was removed from will tell you a lot also. I chose mine while it was still in the car. The car wasnt wrecked etc and appeared to have just had some problem to cause the owner to park it.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Mark T

Donation Time
Thanks Dwain! Looks like I'll be getting one shipped into Canada from the States and I plan on having it checked over by the local tranny shop before we install it. They are also sending me the bellhousing, flywheel and maybe the driveshaft so it looks like I have most of what I need. Thanks to everyone who has helped me in my quest!!!