• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Incoming area for water?

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
I did look inside the front wing and noticed it was a gap of 10 m.m. between the body and the wing. Is it supposed to be some kind of sealing there to stop water and mud entering this area?
yta.jpg

mikephillips

Donation Time
Yep. The original usually has gotten hard, lost it's stickiness to the metal and fallen out. When I was cleaning, repainting and such I used a silicone that is supposed to remain flexible for 50 years and is paintable so I could shoot a coat over it.

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
Yep. The original usually has gotten hard, lost it's stickiness to the metal and fallen out. When I was cleaning, repainting and such I used a silicone that is supposed to remain flexible for 50 years and is paintable so I could shoot a coat over it.

I see. That must be very important if the car is supposed to leave the garage any time!.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 12.45.04.png This picture was taken of the rear of the front wheel arch rear with the car on a rotisserie. The panel needs to seal tightly, they are not welded. This is one of the reasons that we go to great lengths to drain the body shell of our Alpines. It is very common for water to get in so you need to give it a way to get out again!
Tim R

mikephillips

Donation Time
When the original type sealant is gone or still there but not stuck to the shell anymore you'd be amazed how much dirt and sand will be found in the space between the inner and outer rockers. I've removed some where they were 1/3-1/2 full going back nearly to the back.

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
When the original type sealant is gone or still there but not stuck to the shell anymore you'd be amazed how much dirt and sand will be found in the space between the inner and outer rockers. I've removed some where they were 1/3-1/2 full going back nearly to the back.
Can imagine!