• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Impressive driving in an 862-hp Subaru

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I can across this Subaru video on R&T this afternoon. The article's title, Watch Travis Pastrana Hit 150 MPH and Jump a Speedboat in Gymkhana 2020, doesn't do it justice. Jumping the speedboat was only one small part of the action. I found it impressive enough to share, but will confess to two thoughts beyond the admiration for the skill involved:
  1. I wonder how often they had to stop and change tires during the filming?
  2. 862 HP out of a 2.3 liter engine. I wonder if that would fit...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a... -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jim,

Have you ever watched the Ken Block Gymkahna videos... Must be 10 or 11 years they've been going now.... Some crazy stuff... The san Fran one was fun.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
1. Probably not many. Tires are amazingly good these days.
2. Depends on your definition of "fit".

Bill

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
The mathematicians dilemma: Let me use simple math to compute my next 1725 Alpine engine build -- 2.3L/1.8L = 862HP/675HP. All right then, where do I begin to make this 675 HP Alpine engine modification?

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like my wife coming home after a 12 hr + day t the Urgent Care and seeing 150 patients!!! LOL

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim,

Have you ever watched the Ken Block Gymkahna videos... Must be 10 or 11 years they've been going now.... Some crazy stuff... The san Fran one was fun.
Is that the one with the 65 or 66 Mustang? My local Ford dealership plays that one on a huge TV in the showroom. But then they also sell Roush Mustangs and F series trucks. Also Cobra replicas.