• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Images of 17" wheels on a Sunbeam

afssanders

Donation Time
I got my wheels today. I have been waiting for these for sometime now. I can't afford the high end customs wheels this year with all that's going on in my life, so these little tuner wheels will have to do for the summer.

The rims are Buddy II. I had to have the front custom drilled. I was lucky enough to find some blank wheels on Ebay.

The wheels are 17 X 7
The front tires are 215/35/17
The rear tires are 215/45/17

I figure this might help some of you see how a rim like this fits or give you some idea of what a 16 or 18 wheel will look. Keep in mind that I channelled the front end 2", but other then that I'm using stock springs. Front and rear.
I have the exact dimensions of the rubber if any of you are interested.

Here the link to the wheels on the car
http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers#100348

Here a link to the serious mods
http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers#100309

mackzknife

Donation Time
Nice

They look pretty good.

That is quite the build you have done.

Is your hood latch stock? My car had been started as a restoration by someone else and many parts are missing, including the hood latch.

afssanders

Donation Time
Hood latch

They look pretty good.

That is quite the build you have done.

Is your hood latch stock? My car had been started as a restoration by someone else and many parts are missing, including the hood latch.

The latch part is pretty much stock. I just added 3" on each side of it. I almost didn't use the piece of crap. I had to re-enforce the hood pin to make sure it would never bend the sheetmetal again. Both my cars had crack all around the hood pins.

64beam

Donation Time
The latch part is pretty much stock. I just added 3" on each side of it. I almost didn't use the piece of crap. I had to re-enforce the hood pin to make sure it would never bend the sheetmetal again. Both my cars had crack all around the hood pins.

Hi,

Going by the two cars that you have been using, the hood release should have been the mechanical rod type. In one of you photo's, you had changed it to a cable release. If you are keeping the cable, make sure you add a second release wire as an emergency if the primary wire breaks. I have heard a number of stories on this forum regarding that problem.
I also like the 17's. Have you decided what colour you are painting the car yet?

Regards, Robin.