• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I'm Home!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I'm finally HOME!! It has been an interesting six weeks, but the most frustrating part has been the last four days. I went to renew my residency visa, (a job that should have taken me no more than two days), and it took me four days, thanks to corrupt officials that wanted me to pay a bribe to get it done in two days. I didn't pay, so they made me pay other official costs by stringing it out past the expiration date of the last visa, which made me have to buy a safe conduct pass. The only thing I'm glad about, is that I finally have my permanent residency visa. HURRAH!!

I got here today and will get the new price/parts list done tomorrow and all of you that have sent me an e-mail asking for one, will get one by Tuesday. I will also send ordering instructions, so we can get production underway immediately. Again. Thanks for your patience.

THE DARK SIDE RISES AGAIN!!!

Jose:D

Mark T

Donation Time
Congratulations Jose! I just hope that 'permanent residency' doesn't mean that you won't be at an Invasion. I'm really looking forward to thanking you in person for all of your help in the last few months!!!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I'm looking forward to Invasion 2008! I'm going back to Bakersfield in May to see if I can get the blown V6 Alpine running. The owner is supposed to get the body work and paint done by then, so if I don't run into any more problems, I should be able to get it running. I wasn't able to stick the engine in it this time, because Jegs had sent me the wrong torque converter. I will say, that TCI, from Missippi, is going to send us the correct one, after three years of the wrong one sitting on our shelf. I was pleasantly surprised that they would stand behind their mistake, three years later. Some folks know how to treat their customers.

We will probably need to tow it to the Invasion, because I seriously doubt that we could drive it anywhere without getting interviewed by the local constabulary. I sure hope we can be there next Invasion. I want to meet you and all the other guys that I haven't met before.

It won't necessarily be a corner carver, but it should be fun in a straight line.

Jose :)

chris

Donation Time
I'm glad to hear that you will be back in May, I still owe you that ride. :D I should have all the bugs worked out by then.

bluoval

Donation Time
08 invasion

hi jose glad to hear that everything worked out for you and that you will be at the 08 invasion, when does registration begin ? i also will be pleased to see the person that has helped me.. get things togather for the conversion. hope to have the alpine finished by then.was real disapointed that you couldnt make it to the 07 invasion..what a great bunch of people.. best wishes earl blu oval

dmich2

Donation Time
Welcome back "Shrike" man!!! ;) I too am looking forward to seeing you at the Invasion. And best of luck getting that V6 up and running.

Dennis