• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ignition Switch

Steeman01

Donation Time
Hey everyone, I have determined via voltmeter that my ignition switch is dead. So I'm on the hunt for a replacement.

I've searched through the threads and I see some conversation about new ignition switches and I see that SS has ignition switches in the past but that they did not have a flat side. Their catalog doesn't currently show an ignition switch being available.

I'm thinking my best option is to purchase a universal replacement ignition switch. I see that Napa carries them as well as O'Reilly's, does anybody have any feedback as to successful universal ignitions which is that they've used? Thanks in advance!

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
I noticed some off the peg ones at Autozone and O'Reilly's and the one that looks right from the back are pretty darn huge. I wouldn't want to put it in my dashboard.

I have recently picked up a few things from Rick at SS that either wern't in the catalogue or were listed as not available. I'm with DanR, call Rick.

Also, the last time I talked to Rick (about 3 weeks ago), there were issues with getting certain parts from England due to COVID and their factories being shut down. This might be one of the items that are affected.

Last edited:

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Lucas switch 34680 is a spot-on replacement to the 31953 originally used on our cars. You can find them on eBay with a wide price range, tho some offered are Lucas "type", not original Lucas so they may work but the quality questionable. Unsure just what switch Rick offers ($32.50) but I found a NOS one dated 9/77 with the thicker terminals like original:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Genuin...n-Jag-XKE-Triumph-TR6-Ign-Switch/264695862542

Mark ..... volvoguys