• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I have to brag

lgurley

Donation Time
I spent my Christmas in Koh Chang Thailand and had a wonderful Christmas party with my son, brother, sister in law, two nieces and and old friend and his wife. They threw a wonderful party on the beach and it was of course about 80 degrees f. and there were tables of food to match a king's banquet.

Yesterday we took an ocean ferry to Koh Tao. It is a four hour trip in the open sea and a salt water spraying adventure.

Today we rented motor bikes and rode some roads that must have been made for Alpines. Good Golly Miss Molly, they were twisting and turning, up hill and down.

I will be home in the middle of January. That is if I don't find a way to stay here.

Life is good.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I will be home in the middle of January. That is if I don't find a way to stay here.

Life is good.

So.... if you do stay there,... how do you want your Alpine stuff divied up?? :D

I spent yesterday copiloting for a jeep driver on trails where I wouldn't take a horse... The lead Jeep got us lost twice. Every time we went thru brush I had to wince, but I guess Jeep drivers don't mind buffing out or repainting...

skywords

Donation Time
So.... if you do stay there,... how do you want your Alpine stuff divied up?? :D

I spent yesterday copiloting for a jeep driver on trails where I wouldn't take a horse... The lead Jeep got us lost twice. Every time we went thru brush I had to wince, but I guess Jeep drivers don't mind buffing out or repainting...

Near Phoenix the brush bites back !!

lgurley

Donation Time

I should have known someone would want the Alpine stuff. I think my sons will be fighting over it for years if I don't leave it to charity or something.
For the other subject here, If you really want to cringe, just take a ride on a Bangkok motorcycle taxi. That's right I said Motorcycle Taxi.

I will be home in 5 days.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Larry,

There is a remedy for your boys fighting over the V6 Alpine. Build two, so that each will have hie own. :D

Jose

lgurley

Donation Time
Back at home

Well, I got home today from the second greatest vacation ever. The greatest will be in my future.
I went to the shop to check on my V6 installation and the car was not there. Of course they were closed on Saturday and I got in because the owner of the building was there. He said my car was at the muffler shop and that he was sure it was finished because the mechanic was cutting donuts and smoking the tires in the parking lot earlier this week. Sounds good to me. I will know for sure Monday

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Larry,

Welcome back! Glad you had a great vacation.

I know you're anxious to drive your baby; I know I would be. It sounds like your mechanic is like the kid in the movie, Ferris Buelers day off. This is the reaction of everyone who drives a V6 Alpine for the first time. I don't remember which of your Alpines you put the V6 into. Is it the silver one with the Mustang stripe on the door?

Your mechanic must have had a great time spinning donuts in the parking lot with the headers open. I wish I could have been there to see and hear it. :D

When will you get it? Will you have to wait till Monday? I can't stand the suspense.

Jose

Tullamore

Donation Time
Larry,

There is a remedy for your boys fighting over the V6 Alpine. Build two, so that each will have hie own. :D

Jose

One of the guys in our club has six kids and he built them all a restored TR3, even had to ship one to Australia for his daughter there.

lgurley

Donation Time
Jose,
Yes, it is the silver one that now has the V6 and unfortunately I do have to wait until Monday to grab a few gears myself. If I had been using my head I would have spent a couple of more days in Thailand. It was hard to leave the land of beautiful dark skinned women who don't seen to notice or care if you are old or fat or bald. I believe that my belly reminds them of Buddha who they worship.
Truthfully My Alpine was the biggest reason I came home. It appears my business is working pretty well without my help.

lgurley

Donation Time
One of the guys in our club has six kids and he built them all a restored TR3, even had to ship one to Australia for his daughter there.
Wow!! I am just now beginning to recover financially from raising 3 boys. I am still educating the 40 year old.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Larry,

You could do like a family that I saw on TV. They paid for the education of the oldest, then the oldest paid for the education of the second and the second, etc. etc. etc. All six kids got an education and the folks, who were poor, by the way, only paid for one. You could leave your first V6 Alpine to the lodest, and he could restore and convert one for the second, and so on.:D I know that they will love the one you've just converted, and will want to be driving it all the time.

I'm glad that you did the silver one, because I love the paint and I especially love the steel wheels. I think we sometimes think of putting on a set mags, when a set of steel wheels with a dog dish hub cap and maybe beauty rings, looks so clean and bold.:)

Jose :)

lgurley

Donation Time
Hi Larry,

I'm glad that you did the silver one, because I love the paint and I especially love the steel wheels. I think we sometimes think of putting on a set mags, when a set of steel wheels with a dog dish hub cap and maybe beauty rings, looks so clean and bold.:)

Jose :)
Jose,
I fought the body man real hard about the wheels. He wanted me to go for the big bling look with 16 or 18 inch wheels. He usually works on Muscle Cars so he didn't understand the look I was going for which I consider "original plus". He now says he is glad I didn't give in to him.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I would guess that your mechanic is a young man (under fifty), right?. The look you achieved is the look that most hot rods used before mag wheels became popular. It is the classic look. In the 40's and 50's, there weren't a lot of mags on the street, because they were very expensive and rare. Used mostly on race cars. Your Alpine looks like a real hot rod, knowing that it is now souped up. It sure will surprise others on the street.

I'm glad that your body man finally came around on the look.

Jose

Jose,
I fought the body man real hard about the wheels. He wanted me to go for the big bling look with 16 or 18 inch wheels. He usually works on Muscle Cars so he didn't understand the look I was going for which I consider "original plus". He now says he is glad I didn't give in to him.