• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

How to remove inlet fuel line from fuel pump?!?

Steeman01

Donation Time
Hey everybody, how in the world do you remove the fuel line on the inlet side of the fuel pump? It's a flex hose and as I try to loosen it it wants to spin itself back in since the line is connected to the nut and causes it to bind up?? Help!!

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Series V with the black nylon fuel hose? Other folks have indicated it is a standard compression fitting on the inlet side of the fuel pump. Same setup as at the fuel tank crossover connection.

I believe you need to prevent the nylon hose from rotating when you turn the nut. Maybe try wrapping some tape on the hose and use a minimal amount of force with pliers on the tape to prevent it from spinning.

If you intend to keep the nylon hose, since it is a compression fitting, you'll need to cut off a little bit of the end of the hose where the ferrule has compressed the nylon hose.

Many folks will suggest you should replace the nylon hose with a hard line due to safety concerns. I still have the original nylon hose on my series V. When I added an inline fuel filter, the nylon hose seemed tough as nails.

Mike