• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'How to build and modify Ford 60 degree V6 engines"

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
This book is a must have for V6ers wanting to build a hot but reliable Ford 2.8 V6 for their conversion. It has been out of print for a number of years and copies are hard to come by. It is authored by Sven Pruett and is considered THE Bible for modifying all 60 degree Ford V6 engines. I bought it several years ago and have done 2 V6 conversions with information from this book. It is in near pristine condition with no rips, tears or missing pages or dirty fingerprints on pages. I paid $135 for it from a fellow SAOCA member. I no longer need or want the book and it's time to pass it along to someone who may want it or need it. I think it's worth the $100 I am asking. I have seen this book on Ebay going for several hundred more than that. If you are interested, please pm me and we can collaborate. Thanks............Cactusmasher

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Ford V6 modification book

To Dan R: Book is yours for $50 if you want it....that is the going price for used copies according to Amazon. Send me a pm and I'll send you my address etc.

To Hartmandm: Thanks for the information....I checked Amazon for prices and used copies are going for $50 and new ones for $212 and change. A few years ago when I was looking for a copy it was like looking for chicken lips. Couldn't find one anywhere until a forum member stepped up and offered a copy for $135. I was more than glad to pay it at the time and the information I gained from the book was worth way more than what I paid. I'm glad to pass it on to a fellow Sunbeamer.................Cactusmasher

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Cactusmasher, I want the book! I sent you a PM giving my contact info. Send me an e-mail with payment instructions.

Please autograph with your name AND Forum Handle. I'll utilize the book for my V6 Projects....

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I felt bad posting the Amazon reference, but I thought there would be other folks on the forum that will want to pick up the book for their V6 projects.

Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Don't feel badly Mike.... I realize what you attempted to do was alert anyone interested in a Pruitt book.

I have sent Cactusmasher a PM agreeing to pay what he asked and what I agreed to pay ($100)....

As a bit of a joke I insisted He endorse His book to me! Cactusmasher is a great guy, I appreciate him and his efforts to support our Forum.

Beside I really need the book;) Looked for a good hard back for some time so it will fill an immediate need.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I sent you an email yesterday after your post and offered you $75. But you never answered. Good thing for me I guess! Maybe your email is out of date.

To Dan R: Book is yours for $50 if you want it....that is the going price for used copies according to Amazon. Send me a pm and I'll send you my address etc.

To Hartmandm: Thanks for the information....I checked Amazon for prices and used copies are going for $50 and new ones for $212 and change. A few years ago when I was looking for a copy it was like looking for chicken lips. Couldn't find one anywhere until a forum member stepped up and offered a copy for $135. I was more than glad to pay it at the time and the information I gained from the book was worth way more than what I paid. I'm glad to pass it on to a fellow Sunbeamer.................Cactusmasher

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul, I too sent him an e-mail request.

Cactusmasher's E-mail is either out-of-date; He did not check or elected to respond only by the Forum.

As a side note He has built two V6's and is very experenced with the process. He also has assisted with providing me with pictures of his work.

DanR

jimfai

Donation Time
sorry to hi jack your thread, sounds like dan bought yours? if so i have a very nice used copy i want to sell. tried to sell it on here last year and some joker asked me to mail it to him and than he would send me a check later LOL. asking the same price as dan paid for his.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep! I bought it and sent the money;) Just awaiting to get my hands on the book for some Real-Time-Hands-On-Training for a Hot V6....

Last edited:

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Ford V6 modification book

Dan R: Have sent you a p.m. tonight....book and bonus on the way tomorrow's mail

P.Scofield: I have never received your email. Have no idea why. I haven't been on the forum in over 4 months and have had nothing but problems getting back on...had to change my password but sometimes it works and sometimes it will not. Have not been able to figure out who to contact about getting it fixed. I see that someone else on the forum has same book for sale...maybe you can get that one. Sorry about the communications botch...........Jim aka Cactusmasher.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Thanks, Cactusmasher! Received the Sven Pruett book "How to Build and Modify FORD 60 degree V-6 Engines today:D

Very nice, near mint condition.

Additional surprises were the "New" books on the Tigers enclosed in the packet you sent.... Beautiful additions to my library!

Jim Diamond is a real Gem as I have said before,

I shall make very good use of them, share them with others too!

DanR

P.S. I have a PIC to share of with came in the mail.

Attachments

• 20170408_190508 (390x293).jpg
    20170408_190508 (390x293).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 20

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
I found a pdf of the book, but being Mac Illiterate i can't seem to open it

I can email to anyone that would like to try

Bruce