• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

hose clamp plating

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
Woops, one more question. The hose clamps on my Series 3 have been bead blasted. If I want them to be factory correct, should I have them plated or anodized prior to installing?

Thanks!
Kim
Series 3
Tiger 2

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
hose clamp finish

They are the original hose clamps, however, the previous owner had them bead blasted prior to selling the car, which I bought in boxes, so I'm not sure what they looked like when they left the factory.

Kim
Series 3
Tiger 2

65beam

Donation Time
hose clamps

kim,
if you pull up the photos that i have on photobucket,you'll find photos of nos clamps that i have. http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt142/65beam/ they are photos of heater,radiator and booster clamps. they have not aged gracefully and the plating is hard to see. are they silver cad, zinc or just plain metal? hard to say. the one thing i do know is that they rusted while on the car. what does that tell you? these have not been used so they are not rusted.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
New ones that are available are usually zinc plated or stainless steel. A good tip is to use stainless ones and give them a light sand-blasting. That way, they look like zinc but without the rust problem.

gordonra

Donation Time
I'm not a chemist or a metalurgist, but it's always been my understanding that anodizing refers to the process that is applied primarily to aluminum and not steel.

Steel is either black oxide or plated.