• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

horn ring installation

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I am putting a horn ring in my car, which was missing when I bought it. It is also missing the 3 screws that holds the ring to the steering column. Does anyone know what size/length/thread is required?

Thanks

Sam

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Hi Sam, your horn ring should have three threaded studs already cast into the center section. I just checked the thread count on what's left of my horn ring and I couldn't match up any US thread count with my guage. Perhaps we're looking at metric threads. Here is a shot of my assembly which consists of three springs, a contact plate three small washers and the three nuts that are used to adjust the tension on the plate. I hope this helps. Jeff

mikephillips

Donation Time
He means the three screws that attach the horn ring to the steering wheel. There are three threaded holes in the center of the wheel. They are if I recall correctly 10/32 with a fillister type head. And about 1 1/4 inch. Don't have any available to me to measure right now so the length is from memory.