• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hoosier sale

Jim E

Donation Time
They are having a sale on discontinued tires and have a road racing tire that would fit an Alpine,[22.5 X 7.5X 13 for $80 ea.] not sure if it is something you fellows racing pines could use but there it is. What I am wondering if a set of them would hook up on the rear of my V6 car....

https://www.hoosiertire.com/discontinuedtires.htm

64beam

Donation Time
They are having a sale on discontinued tires and have a road racing tire that would fit an Alpine,[22.5 X 7.5X 13 for $80 ea.] not sure if it is something you fellows racing pines could use but there it is. What I am wondering if a set of them would hook up on the rear of my V6 car....

Hi,

I noticed at the last historic race meeting that there were alot of cars that used the hoosier tyres. Are these one of the better tyres or are they just good value for money?

Thanks, Robin.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
The hoosiers are a good tire and stick much better than most of the other vintage rubber but that's the rub.... depending on the group that you run with you would be restricted from running them.

For example, VSCCA and General Racing, LTD, requires the hard compound Dunlops and Goodyears. Not to mention 5.50 are about as wide as they will let you go....For the Alpine these run about $250/tire! I have never run the Hoosiers but I bet they make a big difference.

The good news, for those in the Mid-west/South, SVRA lets you run the Hoosiers.

Jim, I would check to see if they are DOT legal.... They might not be suitable for road use.

Steve