• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hood

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Looks nice! I thought about doing what you have done but with a cowl-opening...reversed. My 32 Ford coupe hood had many-many louvers and when it rained, things got very wet. Ford dizzy in front got plenty of water. Pop the cap, dry it out, start and go...not a problem but annoying. Your work looks very PROfessional.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
DUDE! Use paint stripper...or do you just like sanding? Since I sold my 225 amp MIG I have to go back to stick welding. Not sure I can weld on my Beam hood without lots of warping. May cut the hole and glass on a reverse scoop.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Joel, I kinda-liked-the-rough&scuffed hood better:)

Kidding, you do good work,

Billm

Gold Level Sponsor
Joel are you going to lighten it by drilling holes in the under side sheet metal support? I thought about that on my new spare hood. These hoods are heavy! Bill

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
We just cut the whole inner panel out! Used the material for the sides of the scoop! So that means we have an original hood!