• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

HLM Project

agmason

Donation Time
"Bob, I might be missing something (usually am), but wouldn't it have been easier to buy the car while it was in Tipp City?"

Probably a lot cheaper too! Didn't Ian ask around $3,000 for it? It was bought and shipped west then sold again and shipped east. The car has done a lot of traveling without moving under its own power.

65beam

Donation Time
hlm

the wife had not thought much about which project was going to be next. the series 4 should be at the indiana united in october. after that we start on the lemans. the short story is that we were at a local steakhouse friday evening and i mentioned that bill still had it for sale so she thought about it and when we got to the house we called and bought it. a fellow sunbeam owner named dan and i left my house about 7:00 sunday evening with our small closed trailer and picked it up at bill's house in reno wednesday afternoon. i guess it was meant for me to take a road trip. we traveled thru two days of rain and hit several snow storms tuesday. the only glitch out happened at winnebunco? wy when i kicked the gmc down for a long pull on a mountain at 75 mph. the rpm's were high and as it happened, for an instant # 6 injector was lean on fuel and the check engine light came on. a quick scan and a reset at the dealer and we were off. we left reno about 9:00 am thursday and we're in rock springs wyoming now. we should be in ohio saturday. i covered 700 miles today.it was 2338 miles from my house to bill's. i guess last august just wasn't the time for us to buy the car.

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
I was looking for a finned Harrington when I found my Series III. My husband is a domestic car guy, but tolerates my love for various British cars and occasionally helps with repairs. The Tiger II is a compromise between the two, we are restoring it now.

It's great to have several women in the Sunbeam hobby.

Kim
Series III #408
Tiger II #114

65beam

Donation Time
hlm

fireboltgirl,
you would not believe the number of ladies in your area alone that are involved in the sunbeam world. the harrington is now home and stashed awaiting it's time to be restored. i will be posting some photos on photobucket later today. 4688 miles round trip in six days to get it home. several states i paid 3.45 per gal for gas.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bob,
I can give some pointers on the gelcoat repair on that top. I have a series A and my HLM top to do.
Jan