• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hillman Hustler 4 sale

lemansvk

Donation Time
One of the blokes from the Hillman Hunter group has put his Hustler up for sale on eBay. These are rare, Australian only models - under 1000 made. They were a budget price model featuring the GT alloy head motor but a fairly spartan interior. This is a genuine one but is a fairly serious resto - it will need floor welding. But at $99 starting price it would be nice to see someone save it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hillman-Hunt...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c5335af5e

Cheers, Vic

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Vic,

So the Hustler is basically a limited edition Hunter. I have never heard of that model before.

Regards, Robin.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Hi Robin,

The Hustler was a kind of cheap performance 4 cylinder in the style of the original Valiant Pacer - low cost, no frills. Essentially the GT engine in a standard Hunter with it's own set of stripes and some minor interior differences (but not the walnut dash). They do have their own body numbers so are identifiable. They were sold only in the HE (71/72) model.

More details here.

http://members.bordernet.com.au/~vk5po/Hunters/hustler.htm

The eBay one was rescued from a wrecking yard in Melbourne, spent some time in country Victoria before being sold to this bloke in Perth. The blue one on the page above was pinched almost from under my nose - it was a Cootamundra - John McRae who bought it found out about it about 2 hours before me and drove over from Adelaide to collect it.

Cheers, Vic