• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hillman Centennary, Canberra Trip

lemansvk

Donation Time
If there are any lurkers out there in the Canberra Australia region it's time to remind/inform you that on the June long weekend (9/10/11) the NSW Hillman Club is visiting Canberra; some folks from the Rootes club in Melbourne are also coming. We hope to see a 1937 Minx Convertible, a Mk 3 (1951) Commer utility, a Mk 8 (1955) Hillman Utility plus the usual collection of 1960's Minxes and Hunters - and of course some Husky Sports Convertibles :)

Get in touch if you'd like to know the details.

Cheers, Vic

skywords

Donation Time
Hello Vic
Wish I could join you for that gathering. I did fly there via Google Earth and what a beautiful part of the world Southern Australia is. You lucky devil! The beaches are amazing. The Twelve Apostles look akin to our Grand Canyon. The climate and topography/ vegitation look very pleasant. Hope to visit there someday:)

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

You will find the majority of Australian Sunbeams in Bathurst, NSW (New South Wales) this Queens birthday long weekend. Every year the Sunbeam Nationals are held in either Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales or Queensland. I could'nt make it this year which is a real bummer, but 2008 is Victoria's turn again and I am looking forward to this time next year. It is a great weekend for Sunbeam lovers.

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Vic,

Some nice looking vehicles from the Canberra event. How many attended? When I heard about the flooding in NSW, I was a bit concerned about all the members travelling north. I think the worst was closer to the coast though.
Victoria's event next year should be good.

Regards, Robin.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Hi Robin,

Only about 20 in all turned up, but some quite interesting and rare ones. The little cream 1951 Commer ute for example - picked up recently very cheaply locally with only a little brake work needed to get it on the road - virtually no rust. There was a 1955 MkVIII Hillman ute as well, and a neat Series I Husky. The weather certainly was worse at the coast - we didn't get a drop of rain here, cold winds on Saturday but Sunday was brilliant.

Do you know whereabouts in Victoria next years rally is? I have some friends in Adelaide who want me to go to Dubbo at Easter for the Hillman nationals and I'm not sure I can get away with 2 'car holidays' in the same year.

Cheers, Vic

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Vic,

The 2008 Sunbeam nationals will be at Echuca, approximately three hours from Melbourne. I was talking to my Dad last night after he got back from Bathurst. He took his newly acquired 69 Rapier Fastback and won the concours for that section of vehicle. If you would like some information, please PM me with your e-mail as I don't have it anymore.

Regards, Robin.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Robin,

Echuca - great spot - I did the research for my PhD on the Murray River just upstream from there (Yarrawonga). Very central for the Southern States. Now I'm even more tempted. I'll PM you...

Cheers, Vic