• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

High Clearance Alpine Roll Around

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is my solution for the extra clearance I need to get my fat ass under the Alpine.
IMG_0913.jpg

Just a piece of treated 2 X 10 (scrap, naturally) laid on the Harbor Freight rollers. I feel it is pretty safe. They are trapped in place and the cross pieces prevent the car from rolling off.

DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME. I AM A PROFESSIONAL WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE OF MAKING DO WITH SCRAP MATERIAL.

Bill

steven

Donation Time
I wont tell that I used a cheap garage jack to lift the rear via the diff housing, moved the car sidways accross the garage and raised it on 4 lifting stands and there it sits until I get around to working on it again. Now the wife's car and Sunbeam 1 also fit in the garage :)
Steven

sunbeam39

Donation Time
safety

Unfortunately, when short of funds for the proper equipment we result in using substandard or home made products. The end result is either it goes well, in which you thank whom ever you need to thank. It doesnt go well and only damages the car you have spent hundred of hours working on, or at its' worst injures you or your family as they try to get the turkey out of the freezer that is also in the garage.

Be smart - collect all the proper tools necessary first then start working on your car. Everyone stays safe!!

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Unfortunately, when short of funds for the proper equipment we result in using substandard or home made products. The end result is either it goes well, in which you thank whom ever you need to thank. It doesnt go well and only damages the car you have spent hundred of hours working on, or at its' worst injures you or your family as they try to get the turkey out of the freezer that is also in the garage.

Be smart - collect all the proper tools necessary first then start working on your car. Everyone stays safe!!

This is why I only work on my own vehicles...or if a friend is desparate enough to talk me into working on theirs, I make sure they sign a contract in blood, not holding me responsible, for "technical errors";)