• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hi-Torque Starter

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
I see an outfit called britishstarters.com has a starter on offer for sunbeam alpines. The specs, price and shipping all seem pretty good. Anybody have experience with these guys?

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ive used the guy back east
keith Guftufson
Guftufson Machines Starters
1-978-281-2012

Good guy, will talk with you on the phone

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I see an outfit called britishstarters.com has a starter on offer for sunbeam alpines. The specs, price and shipping all seem pretty good. Anybody have experience with these guys?

I have had one in my SV for about 7 years and am happy with it. And, I just looked though my email files and saw where I asked them a question about the starter several years after I'd bought it and they responded very quickly. So, that is one thumbs up for British Starters.

I will add one caveat: a few years ago one of our members, Bill Atalla, was selling custom headers here. I have one of his headers on the car and fitting the hi torque starter with the header was an absolute pain in the butt that required lots of creativity and resulted in many skinned knuckles. I believe it is no problem with either of the stock setups, but custom exhausts are definitely another matter!

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
I just visited Gustafson's website and they list britishstarters.com as one of their distributors and also suggest dealing with their distributors under their FAQs. It's a small world.