• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Here's another

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I see on eBay there' a title, vin tag, and sal tag up for sale. Guess someone's could take this Tiger and make an Alpine? Oh, maybe I should find that again, and we could have the vin # for the registry.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Well it may be legal in other countries It's not legal in the United States to sell a vehicle title and VIN tags without the car that they go with.
Attached is a screenshot of how you report the item because eBay as well as craigslist and other online sites rely on the armchair well-intentioned people to do their work for them. The screenshot shows which things to click on to report the item in that it violates their listing practices.
Contrary to some people's belief what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas or if somebody gets your car and slaps this 500 dollar tag and title you'd have a pretty tough time proving it was your car.Screenshot_20200903-171610.png

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I like the seller's description:

The items for sale is for display purposes only .The tags arein good shape and the paperwork is clear legal Wisc signed by seller matching the tag.. Add to your collection of vintage memorabilia.

But, out of curiosity, I wonder about the letter of the law. I know it is illegal to put a new VIN on a car, but is it legal to sell one?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
My point was it breaks not only eBay rules but look at it this way. The car you save from getting stolen maybe your own.
Regardless of the state to state differences in laws and some introducing using intent in the boilerplate. Kind of like keeping the honest people honest these days . I suppose you could ask some of the guys that got arrested in those hot rod shops for swapping tags. Even some high profile guys does the name Coddington ring a bell.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am not condoning the practice, just curious about what is and isn't legal, which I am sure varies from state to state.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I totally get it. My post is a solicitation to get other people involved to report the fraudulent auction that encourages illegal activity.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Understood. And, the "wink, wink" of the description makes it pretty clear this is being sold for illegal purposes.