• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater valve series V

cobraii78

Donation Time
Looking for a working replacement heater valve for my series V. I bought a repop and it leaks like a sieve. Lease let me know what you might have. I’d be interested in the mounting hardware for it as well if available as mine is quite weathered. I’m in Alberta, Canada.

thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• DC57B885-5B87-4D24-BE9E-34AEC2F2EF53.jpeg
    DC57B885-5B87-4D24-BE9E-34AEC2F2EF53.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 40

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am also in need of & trying to buy the Alpine Innovations heater valve . Exchanging emails w/Jerome there seems an
issue in making payment . He doesn’t accept PayPal , Venmo or credit cards & wants to be paid via Wise.com , an online
bank that transfers funds . Having already experienced identity theft issues , I choose not to have to open an account w/
an online bank that takes debit cards , that I don’t have …… I’m still in the market for a heater valve other than the current
bad repo’s if anyone has a good source for one .

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
FYI - I purchased one of the repro style valves from Jerome back in January 2020 and it leaked out the control pin. Based on email exchanges with Jerome back then it appears he starts his modification using the same valve assembly that other parts sellers are using, which have a high failure / leak rate.

Mike

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Mike ! If someone has a source for similar OEM one or a retrofit of another ….seems , there’s a demand for them .

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you are not concerned about originality... And if you are accepting alternatives... Im assuming that is the case... Convert to the early series I-IV valve... They last fot ages and many repro available cheaply.
You just need a bracket... Lots of the guys eoth parts cars will have it and some even sell new brackets

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Barry & Alpine 64 …
I wonder if the one shown @ Moss for TR 4 , 250 & TR 6 w/b easier to plumb & connect than the 4 seasons ?
I’ll call Moss & ask about ……

cobraii78

Donation Time
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into a few options. My car is modified so originality does not matter as much as functionality.

Cheers,

Mike

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
I bought the redesigned valve from Jerome…not the original looking one…and have been running it for over a year with no issues.
I understand anyone being wary of today’s world and identity theft.
In this case, I will say that although I had similar concerns in the beginning that I have now had multiple transactions with Jerome using his payment format with no issue.
He is also really quick on shipping.

As far as the repros…I tried two and had the same experience as others…leaking pretty much from the start.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
A few years ago, there was a guy on eBay in California who was selling correct, original NOS valves. And tho they were pricey, I bought one as a spare since how often do you see NOS pop up? A few months later I found another NOS at the Hershey car show and bought that one, too.

So, I have a spare NOS Smiths FHW 1306/01 water control valve available. If interested, PM please.

Mark

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
A few years ago, there was a guy on eBay in California who was selling correct, original NOS valves. And tho they were pricey, I bought one as a spare since how often do you see NOS pop up? A few months later I found another NOS at the Hershey car show and bought that one, too.

So, I have a spare NOS Smiths FHW 1306/01 water control valve available. If interested, PM please.

Mark
Hi Mark , How much for one of the valves + shipping to 73120 ? Thanks ! Jack

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think that California seller was a shop owner that had them in a attic of the shop he bought. They'd been there cooking for many years. He told me one was inoperable but pretty:)

alpine_64

Donation Time
The issue with the repros is the side pipe blowimg out and the pin actuator leaking as well..

The originals diaphragm fails and they leak... How good a rubber part the old is once its exposed to flexing and use...dont know...but NOS is probably still a better bet than the current repo... For a while anyway

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The issue with the repros is the side pipe bloeimg out and thr pin actuator leaking as well..

The originals the diaphragm fails and they leak... Hoe good a rubber part thid old is once its edposed to flexing and use...dont know...but NOS is probably still a better bet than the current repto... For a while anyway
Hoe No... I hate it when that happens... :)
The early ones come apart and can be cleaned and put back together. Lots of ball valve & there I fixed it methods, plus a relocation to the heater core area.

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have installed an all plastic valve from a VW cabriolet, make a custom mounting clip. Not original but no leaks!