• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater hose clip and hose clamps

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Hey, guys:

This may be a long shot, and then again it may not. I'm looking for the last little bits to finish off the under-hood restoration of my Tiger Mk1A and I thought I'd try the Alpine forum. I'm looking for what the parts book calls a "Clip - Hose to bulkhead", part #9179064. I've attached a pic to illustrate what part I need (part circled in white). I guess the previous owner thought he knew better than Rootes on how to route his heater hose and, consequently, the clip was removed and evidently lost to time. Can anyone help me out here?

Also, it is my understanding that the 1/2" I.D. heater hoses on the Tiger use a band-style hose clamp; a fairly wide clamp with two little ears that stick up that have a bolt running through them with a nut on the other end. From what I've seen, Alpines had the same style of clamps, too. I'm in need of four of those for the 1/2" I.D. heater hoses (makes them roughly 3/4" to 7/8" O.D.). Can anyone help me out with any of this stuff?

Thanks a bunch,

Attachments

• P1010005a.jpg
    P1010005a.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 46

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Andy,

I don't have any bulkhead clips. I have one clamp that I think is for the heater hose. See picture attached. The clamp band is 1/2" wide.

I want to procure some more of these clamps for my car. Based on my research so far, fuel injection hose clamps appear to be the closest in appearance. They often come with hex head bolts and I am considering swapping out the bolt with a flat head pan screw. Some examples I found that are stainless and have a 9mm wide band (3.7mm less than 1/2"): www.ultimategarage.com/shop/index.php?cPath=309
However, I don't think any of those clamps have a large enough diameter for a 1/2" heater hose. My search continues...

Mike

Attachments

• DSC0516 zoom.JPG
    DSC0516 zoom.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Mike:

Yep, that's what I'm looking for. A buddy of mine told me about the fuel injection clamps, too, but that there are probably not any big enough for what I'm needing them for. Maybe someone else will chime in with some of these bits that are just sitting around their shop...

Thanks,

65beam

Donation Time
clamps

I bought the clamps at the local NAPA store. probably intended for use on trucks.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've done more research and concluded the heater hose clamps on my series V should be dual wire clamps and not band clamps. I don't know if the Tigers used the dual wire clamps as well.

Mike

agmason54

Donation Time
Search and research...

Andy
My reseach is to dump out boxes and search and search to arrive at my final conclusions deduced from observation of original clamps on original hoses using the communitive property my diagnosis is four original clamps are in yer future has been fun.
Later pal
Agm