• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater Core Ducting

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Hi All ... Did the early series Alpines (I, II) come with that rubber ducting inside the heater core box? My 62' has a duct but it's not like the picture I have or like the one on my SV .... also there's no hole for that drain nipple to go through.

Thanks ..... David

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
David, the 2nd & 3rd holes came in the SV because of the drain for the Air vents that were added.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Thanks Dan! ..

Thought I remember a difference in the two but it's been awhile since I've been in that compartment on our SII .... Don't want to get rid of parts I may need for it .... been trying to scale back on parts.;)

.... David

*** the 1st pic is of the one I have ...2nd pic is my SII and there isn't that long duck bill pc., just the round rubber duct part.

Attachments

• sunbeam parts.jpg
    sunbeam parts.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 76
  • heater core.jpg
    heater core.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 73

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That is a nice looking Heater Core Drain...

DanR

P.S. Remember some of the Forum Guys have made statements that the stock heater core will not take above 7 lbs pressure cap. Just beware....

Last edited:

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's called a "Heater Core Drain Trough", not a duckbill drain. The duckbill drain piece attaches to the end of that. Every car has one duckbill on the heater core trough, and the late cars have an additional two duckbills on the vent drains for a total of three.

Heater Core Drain
Duckbill Drain

Two different items.

The late Alpines with fresh air vents have duckbills that drain into the top of the transmission tunnel. On the tiger, these duckbills come through the firewall and drain directly into the engine compartment.

In a really good downpour of rain or in a heavy washing of the car, these are really a stupid design. Can't possibly drain fast enough before the drainhose fills up and spills into the car. Maybe this is a reason for all the rusted floor pans.

Last edited: