• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater control slide switch replacement

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
I have a SIV and I have had a broken slide switch stem for the left side since I've owned the car. I acquired a replacement and am trying to figure out if I really need to yank out the dashboard or if there's an "easier" (absolutely a relative term here) way to switch them out. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have a SIV and I have had a broken slide switch stem for the left side since I've owned the car. I acquired a replacement and am trying to figure out if I really need to yank out the dashboard or if there's an "easier" (absolutely a relative term here) way to switch them out. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Wear woolen socks and a beanie?:D

But.. Seriously.. Depends on the wiring amd if you have a radio etc mounted in the car..

If original wiring yiu can gently move out of the way.. Remove the seat so you can lie on your back... The other option...
Get 2 stands... Undo the speedo and tach cables ( tach cable if series I-3) .undo the lower dash rail and rest undo the dash as vertically and high as you can so all the wires are only stretched a little...rotate the dash forward so you can access the top of the dash... And use some tape from top of dashboard to dahspad to keep it from falling forward.