• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Headlight Front Rim types-interchangability

bashby

Donation Time
My series 5 came with chrome headlight front rims ("eyebrows") that have an upper and lower clip for attachment. My series 4 "parts car" has painted front rims that have an upper clip and lower screw hole. I prefer the painted version. Can I simply swap out the headlight buckets and install the painted headlight rims onto the series 5?

jmthehermit

Donation Time
YES you can. I had an eyebrow fly off at speed one time. It hit the top of the windshield but did no damage. I wound up searching an alfalfa field for about an hour but I found it. The screw on type might not be "original" but it's your car so do what you wish. You can adjust the clips for a tighter fit, but the screw adds the extra security and piece of mind. Jeff