• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Head Question

Wombat

Donation Time
No, the series V head is different. It has bigger valves, and the combustion chamber is a little bigger. They will probably interchange. The other difference that you should check for is the water fitting at the rear of the head. Series II had a water heated inlet manifold and this was connected to the rear of the head. As far as I know the Series V did not have this.

Additional: I have checked my parts book and all heads for Series I to IV have part numbers starting with 5220.... So it may be that the one you have is a SV (my parts book stops at SIV)

artic cat

Donation Time
thanks

thanks wombat,
it's been a while I guess since I asked a question in forums. I kind of needed to know first of all if that engine number is correct for the a SII?

I posted this in the thread for the Indiana car for sale. it got moved here because I was to vague.

the car is a SV with an engine from another car, the engine number is 59100165. I could not find that number in the list under tech data above.