• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Head light help

alpine_64

Donation Time
that is the special bodied Sunbeam Harrington that ran at LeManns. The front of the car was recreated after an accident in the 60's. The form its in now is not quite as it was when new.. but close (ish) no alpines were produced with sealed in lights.

To do this you would need to move the light position further back in the guard and cut the side profile to match..

here is a shot of the front end as per '61

miket

Donation Time
There's a fellow on the MG Experience site that did something similar by using headlamps from a Neon.

Personally I like it the way it is. The mod takes away from the 60's look.

alpine_64

Donation Time
A large difference between doing this on an alpine and MGB is that the B already has recessed lamps, they are set back in the cavity.. you can actually just buy perspex covers to fare them in. so the change to that style is neither hard nor involved.. in an alpine that is a big job.

i think Ian has a picture on his harrington site of a guy in the UK who made a fared in fibreglass front on his car.. then there is the findori (sp?) alpine..

i'd say best left alone.

britbeam

Donation Time
I personally dont like the look of these headlights. I wouldnt cut my Alpine to make it look like that. I do like the non hooded headlight rings but they are scarce and people want your first born for one of them.
Dwain V6 Krazy

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
There's the old school option. Frenched headlight buckets with chrome or painted rings. subtle change. Looks like a comprimise between the hooded/nonhooded style. There are kits available on street rod sites. Time/money/effort is all it takes. My problem is getting those three things to line up at the same time.