• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Alpine Plate?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Has anyone seen one of these before? I got it on UK eBay a few years ago. Was it made for a club event? It measures about 12 inches wide and is numbered on the back and on the box. thanks, Eric

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Hi,
There was a Harrington gathering in June -91, which also was a 30 year celebration of the Le Mans victory. Perhaps it was made for that occasion. More about the gathering at the Harrington site.
Jan

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
After some more investigation, this was the result. I called my old friend Bob Brissenden in Spain who took part in that gathering togther with 14 other car owners. They all got a plate like this. There were also 25 bus and coach owners, so in total atleast 40 plates were made. I know one owner who passed away two years ago whose relatives are selling out all Harrington stuff. Maybe Erics plate comes from this collection.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the research Jan! My plate is number 46. Interesting story behind all of this. Eric