• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

handbrake lever.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Handbrake lever release button and spring located behind the button, have found themselves on the floorpan. Any ideas on re-assembly and what will be required to get it back together will be appreciated.
series V Alpine.
Thanks Bob

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
My recollection was that the spring goes in first, then the button just presses in, but there wasn't a whole lot holding the button in place. Probably why it popped out in your case. In may case, the previous owner smothered the floor pan with POR and got it all over the handbrake. The the button was covered in addition to the release dog that engages in the ratchet mechanism, so nothing popped out. I had to chisel everything off.

Rick

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for your reply Rick. I'll see if I can find my workshop manual. it may have a breakdown.
Bob

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just repaired my handbrake last week. The button popped off at some point over the last year and was nowhere to be found. I was able to run a 10-32 die onto the end of the shaft where the button is presumably press-fit into place. I then made a button from some hardwood that I had lying around and tapped a matching threaded hole centered on the end of the button. A little black paint, screwed the button into place, and all is well.
Andy