• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Grill Badges

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just received my Sunbeam Canada badge from Ohan. I was expecting something nice, but this is something else. If you are wanting to make your car "different" but still stock, this is the item.

www.sunbeamcanada.org

Especially if you are not a Canuck. Think of all the stories you can come up with to explain the Sunbeam Canada badge! I'm going to tell the unknowing that my car is a Turbo special produced only for the Canadian market. Hell, I doubt that one in ten will recognize the Pinto engine!

Best part is the profits go for a good cause.

Bill

napa 1

Donation Time
Ohan, can this grill badge be attached to my new badge bar :) that I got from Ian? Is there an adapter of some sort that you know of?

Thanks.

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Negative. With a possible Postive.

The gap between the mounting holes are too wide. However, one can add a flat plate that mounts to the rear of the badge and narrows (V shaped) down to clip onto badge bar clamps. Unfortunately, the company does not make any clips.

If I had a proper workshop (instead of working in my apartment) I'm sure I could make some up.

See my high tech sketch below. "o" refers to the mounting holes. "x" refers to border.

..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
..x...o............o....x
...x....................x
....x..................x
.....x................x
......x..............x
.......x............x
........x..o....o.x
.........xxxxxxxx

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Just received my Sunbeam Canada badge from Ohan. I was expecting something nice, but this is something else. If you are wanting to make your car "different" but still stock, this is the item.

www.sunbeamcanada.org

Especially if you are not a Canuck. Think of all the stories you can come up with to explain the Sunbeam Canada badge! I'm going to tell the unknowing that my car is a Turbo special produced only for the Canadian market. Hell, I doubt that one in ten will recognize the Pinto engine!

Best part is the profits go for a good cause.

Bill

Hi Bill
You can tell them it was done like the Pontiac and Meteors in the
early 50s that were just for the Canadian market.
You yanks then went and started to buy them to have something different.
And yes it is a good cause.We hosted Ohan and Richard on his trip last year and will host him again in 2009.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Grill Badge Mount

Hi Guys:
I have made up a Stainless Steel Blank for my badge, it will accept the grill badge and then one can mount it to the bar ( I will try to provide some photos this weekend).
I can bring some of these to the Invasion along with other custom badges, logos and windscreen stickers.
I have made up an number of things for the Invasion and hope to make our cars stand out even more than they do now!
Have fun,
Andrew

Mark T

Donation Time
Hi Ohan! I just received my badge and it's definitely a thing of beauty! Can't wait to get my badge bar from Ian at Invasion and get everything mounted! Thanks!

AlpineII

Donation Time
Ohan,
My badge also arrive this week and it is great! I am really glad I was able to get in on the order.

Andrew,
I'd be interested in one of those SS blanks to get it on my badge bar!

Andrew

Donation Time
Grill Badge Back Plate

Hi Guys:
I have used a Stainless Steel back plate for my Sunbeam Canada Badge.
I still used the rubber backing so that the back plate will not rattle on the back of the badge. It looks great from the front.
DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

I have also been playing around with an air dam idea to direct more air to the rad and my oil cooler.
engine-bay4.jpg

This is just a prototype and I have made it white so that you can see it.
I am sure it will direct the air much better. I have also made to upper left and right inner wings to direct air from behind the front grill to the rad.
All the best,
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Sunbeam Canada Grill Badages

Ok, I have made up a number of these Stainless Steel backs to enable mounting the grill badge to a badge bar.
Please get a hold of me via email if you would like one. I need your full address, I will email you back with the cost to ship including the badge. I will ship regular mail unless you need it quick.
Regards,
Andrew

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Hi Guys:
I have also been playing around with an air dam idea to direct more air to the rad and my oil cooler.
engine-bay4.jpg

This is just a prototype and I have made it white so that you can see it.
I am sure it will direct the air much better. I have also made to upper left and right inner wings to direct air from behind the front grill to the rad.
All the best,
Andrew

You may want to check out what Tiger folks have done. I think http://www.tigersunited.org has some long articles on it. As I recall, the first step is eliminating where air goes that sucks it away from where it need to go - like blocking the horn holes on each side of the radiator. The air likes to fly through there rather than through the radiator!