• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Great Scott - Furman U May 27

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just made an attempt to "join" their local club and pay the single annual dues, then continue on and register, but not sure whether I made the process or not.

Will wait a day or so to find out my status.

Plan to attend and drive my '67 commodore Blue V6.

Eric G said He was also planning to attend,

Hope we have good weather and a great showing:)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Be Alert to possible Gate Entrance Location being changed

I (DanR) received communication from John Dusky a representative for the British Car Show at Furman 27 May 2017 as a possiile Gate Entrance Location Change due to a water main problem.

Car Show Saturday, May 27, 2017 (Memorial Day Weekend)
Furman University, Greenville SC
Featured Marque: Triumph

On Line Registration is closed. You can still register day of show from 8:30 AM until 11:30 AM

Click Below for map of Furman showing car show location and registration.

Please note new ENTRANCE for CAR SHOW PARTICIPANTS

Map and entrance to car show currently not available.

Special Update

Furman University has experienced a water line problem and as soon as resolved directions will be provided to car show registration location.

Car Show location on mall has not been impacted.

You can still register day of show from 8:30 AM until 11:30 AM

Please mark your calendars for an exciting and unique British Classic Car Show event. All British cars are eligible. This event is part of the Greenville Scottish Games.

Prizes will include First, Second and Third Place in Class (depending on number of cars). Best of Show (voting by registered participants) and other Special Awards such as The Chief of the Games Award.

Registration day of show is $40 and includes:

Entrance of one (1) car in show (and free parking pass for car haulers)
Admission for one (1) to the Scottish Games
Day-of-Show Games tickets may be purchased for $20 each
T-Shirt not included (may be purchased at the Show for $12 each)
There is no charge to attend the car show.
There is a $5 per vehicle parking fee for non-show vehicles, other than haulers.

Got questions? send an email to britishcarshow@yahoo.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John said the Sunbeam Marque has been the best supportive Group through the years. Always with about eight or more cars. Lets make a great showing this years too!

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Who's Coming?

I'm ready to meet you guys and Gals tomorrow:D

LET'S HAVE A GREAT SHOWING,

DanR

Last edited:

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Doug And I were on the way yesterday when a big truck passed Doug then turned into my car. Skidded in T-bone position over 150 feet and around 60 feet aganst the concrete barrier. Nobody was hurt. Like a James Bond car - shaken but not stirred.

2-1_zps4mkbb2mw.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow! So glad you are all OK-you folks were the talk of the Sunbeam crowd at the Furman show today. They should award a hard luck award to you. Can't believe how the front bumper over rider is ground flat! Eric

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
You can see the scrape marks on the barrier (middle of pic going back).
BTW I know George didn't make it either, how many sunbeams were there?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I kept looking for you Folks to show up.

John, I kept looking for you and your wife to show. Knew Doug and you'll were travelling together.

Eric G and I arrived mid morning, took a quick inventory of the cars on sight, yours and Doug's were not there. Didn't see George's either.

AS the time went by, I took another good look see... No Red or White from NC... Then the word came of the accident. Bad news! My prayer was that you would be safe. Then the good news that no one was killed just shook up a bit.

At first glance, Looking at the car and the way it was hit in the side is incredible that it did not flip over, and the truck run over the car.

Looking again, you can perhaps see why that did not happen, the front of the truck (bumper) stuck into the two spots of the car that were "soft" enough to keep an upper motion of the car from riding up and flipping.

With the car still on hard smooth surface allowed the truck to push you, had you been in an area of the divided highway without the barrier, and onto soft dirt it could have been total disaster.

Praise the Lord for your protection,

DanR

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Crash Test

Wow, and the excuse is always " I did not see you,".

In a recent Tiger Tracks they had a crash test front barrier. It was hard to look at. I don't recall the FMVSS standards but recall many of the phased in changes as they became easy to spot in VW's. They seem rather durable despite the 67 and standards not being met. I'm guessing Chrysler really was too disinterested to add them. :(

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Up Date on the Furman British Car Show

We had a Great time visiting and looking at all the British Cars present.... Of course the Sunbeams were the Best of the Show:D

I believe it was eight Sunbeams total:
1 Tiger NC and One Tiger Owner without the car Jim Allen. Another Former Tiger owner was preesent and discussed the wreck that put his out of commission back in early 2000-08 ?

2 V6 (DanR & Greggers) Doug Miller (Bulldurham)was registered and was witness to a potentially bad wreck of another Sunbeam He was travelling with (John Miller (Knight Owl)and wife) also registered in their Red Alpine. A large Truck struck the drivers side of the Millers Re Alpine and pushed them down the Interstate side ways aloonnggggways:eek: Thanks Goodness they are safe.

5 1725s (Steve Kirk, Stephen Smith, Tom Johnson, Sam Maw, Jerry Tolbert)

Made it but didn't bring their cars for various reasons:
1 Alpine (Todd Smith)
1 V6 (Steve Pace) His is in work.

Gotta Brag! I was awarded First Place in the Alpine (other) Division which had the Tiger and V6's together. That "Big Blue Ribbon" looked mighty good on the Commodore Blue Alpine V6:cool:

There will be more of the V6's on the road soon! Just you wait and see:D

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Gotta Brag! I was awarded First Place in the Alpine (other) Division which had the Tiger and V6's together. That "Big Blue Ribbon" looked mighty good on the Commodore Blue Alpine V6:cool:

Wow. Then my car must really suck not to have taken third in a group of three cars. In fact, I believe third place was given to a car that didn't show up. How embarrassing.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
update on John's Alpine

I went to the Myrtle Beach British car show today and the only Sunbeam there was the one belonging to John and Sandy-the same car that was in the terrible wreck a few months ago. John worked hard and got it back together in time for this show. Still has overspray here and there!
Looks great and I am glad their car is back on the road. PS-John has owned this Alpine for over 45 years!

Attachments

• John's Alpine S2.jpg
    John's Alpine S2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 28