• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Great Book Offer For SAOCA Members

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Attention SAOCA Members! Mercian Manuals UK has contacted the SAOCA and kindly offered 40% off the retail price of its latest book, "Rootes Maestros". For more information on this book please visit their website http://www.mercianmanuals.co.uk/, click on "Books" and scroll down.

For U.S. customers the retail price, with the current exchange rate, is close to $65. Factor in the cost of shipping from the UK and you're nearing $80 or more if you go direct.

However, for our continental U.S. members only, we can faciliate the purchase and shipping of your book direct to you for the all-inclusive price of $65 per book. In order to maximize the most benefit in terms of shipping we will be doing this in batches of 10 books. We already have 4 books spoken for, so if you're interested in reserving your spot for one of the remaining 6 books, please contact our Club VP Steve Silverstein by email at milano164 at comcast dot net.

Steve will take your emails in the order they are received and respond back to you with special instructions on how to pay the club via paypal.

Should you have any questions please post them on this thread or email Steve direct.

For our Canadian, European, or Australian members the 40% discount is still available, but you will have to deal directly with Mercian Manuals to arrange purchase and shipping to your home.

Mercian Manuals also offers a number of great Rootes-related books including the long out of print Chris McGovern book on the Sunbeam Alpine. If all goes well we may be able to negotiate additional discount purchases for SAOCA members in the near future.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Has anyone actually got a copy of this book yet? I heard about this book a while back from my mother, who was contacted by the same people. Let us all know what the book is like once received.

Regards, Robin.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I don't believe that they have actually been distributed to Mercian. I had the impression the books were arriving from the printers. But I could be wrong.

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I just received an e-mail from Mercian manuals regarding the Rootes Maestros. They now have stock of this book and by looking at the information given, should be a great read (360 pages worth of Rootes competition history with many pictures). Nearly the same size as 'the works Tigers' book. Time for a bulk buy again.

Regards, Robin.

mikephillips

Donation Time
My copy arrived yesterday Steve, thanks for handling this. What with the Frostick book, Marcus chambers biography, the Works Tigers and assorted collections on 60s rallies there's now quite a bit on Rootes racing history.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Glad to hear it arrive. Most should be getting their book this week.

I still have two books to go out.

There is discussion about offering 10 of the McGovern books and even a couple of copies of the Langworth book but I am not sure how much interest there is.

Steve