• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Got a job!!!

Jim E

Donation Time
Looking like I might miss Wisconsin and do a couple jobs in San Diego starting next week... who knows at this point, but a couple jobs came up for there yesterday and they ask if I wanted them... waiting on details I guess.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I'm happy for you Jim. Having the cash come in will be a real stress reliever and that alone will allow you to enjoy more of life. Like Scott said, you get to Cincinnati area let us know.

Jim E

Donation Time
Congratulations Jim! I am sure the travel will get old quickly, but I imagine the regular paycheck will help ease the pain. You should get in the habit of posting your routes here; I know I for one would enjoy seeing you on a swing through St. Louis.

HAHAHAH so once again it changes and this looks firm, off to St. Louis on Sunday to start the job at a Courtyard on Monday...

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Good to hear, Jim. Vehicle-wise, I recommend something that can handle what you need for work, plus tow a trailer with an Alpine on it. That way, you can pick up your travel expenses by shuttling cars and parts around the country via U-Haul trailers, as needed.

Ken

Jim E

Donation Time
If I had a nickel for every time someone ask me for that...

Leave for St. Louis in the morning, still not ready to go but will have to make due.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I know the hotel and have even stayed there. "Near" is a relative term. To most St. Louisans the answer would be "no". But it is all of 14 miles and will take maybe 20 minutes; 15 if I leave from the office. I should be able to come by anytime.

BTW: I don't know if you speak any French ("Creve Coeur" means "broken heart"), but if you do, you will probably pronounce the city incorrectly. I won't try to spell out the proper phonetic spelling, but here it is pronounced "Creeve Core".

Later I will teach you how we St. Louisans pronounce "Gravois".

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Only thig bad about traveling on the Company Dime is you end up having to go to Phoenix in August, Duluth in December, etc.

Jim, with all these invitations nationwide, how do you plan to get any work done?

Jim E

Donation Time
Due to the somewhat small window we can get in rooms there is more free time than you might think. Still today seemed a lot like work, the new tvs came in and had to be unloaded at the same time as three other shipments came in..

Jim S. I am a hillbilly and am lucky to pronounce things in english let alone French. Come by anytime you want I will PM you my cell number.

Here is something interesting to think about.. am having a hard time finding workers not that folks do not want a job but to get it they have to pass a background check and a drug test. You might or might not be surprised at how hard it is to find strong young gents who can manage those two things.

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Here is something interesting to think about.. am having a hard time finding workers not that folks do not want a job but to get it they have to pass a background check and a drug test. You might or might not be surprised at how hard it is to find strong young gents who can manage those two things.

Sounds like you may have 2 choices: pay the Americans more than they are getting from "unemployment" or indenture some Mexicans.
Good Luck

Jim E

Donation Time
This work pays much better than unemp. and I have been informed we have an account with Labor ready, actually the CA job I was to use labor ready folks so the imagrant thing is covered too. Odd I can use L/R with no screening.

The issue is finding people who can pass the drug test and back ground check, then they need to be able to travel for extended periods and pick up TVs.