• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Good deal on wheels

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
I would like to switch to 14" wheels on my SIII. Is this a good deal and a good fit? These are not Minilite wheels but copies by (the hubs say) MWS and sold by Great Britsh Car.

Below was pasted from their site

14x5.5" Minilight Wheels for Sunbeam, UK Ford- Silver
In Stock: 1 Details

Silver with polished lip 14x5.5 Minilight Wheels for Sunbeam Tiger, Alpine, UK Fords etc. 4x108 PCD (4x4.25). +23 offset. Chrome 7/16 lug nuts and center caps are included. Price is for a set of 4 wheels.
Price: $560.00

Thanks, Jeb

Robbie

Donation Time
Hi Jeb,
I have 14x6 carol shelby slot mags on my series 3. They give way more grip in the corners than stock. With 60 series tires the car is also lower than stock. I did have to cut a little bit out underneath the rear wheel wells. I paid $400 for all four about 10 years ago.
Good Luck
Robbie

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Jeb,
The price seems reasonable to me. I purchased what I'm pretty sure are the same wheels for apprx $600 (including tyres, 185/60/14) in the UK a few years ago.

I fitted them to my Rapier H120 (AKA Alpine GT) and had no clearance issues with 5.5 x 14 rims. I'm planning on getting the same wheels for my SIV Alpine... when I get it finished. (anyone have a good round corner trunk lid nr Bakersfield, CA?)

Attachments

• DSC03901wee3.jpg
    DSC03901wee3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 51

Jim E

Donation Time
Wow! Nice H120 is it in the US? have never seen one or even heard of one being on this side of the pond.

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Thanks Jim, I'm glad you like it!

Sadly, it's not on this side of the pond. It's back in Scotland, hibernating. It may well make it over here someday.. either that or my 'rust free' SIV that I'm working on over here, may go over there. It all depends on what life throws my way.