• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

GM Motor + Alpine Transmission?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Good eye, Michael. I am sure you are correct. I should know better than to listen to someone who paid a GM mechanic to do an engine swap because European mechanics were charging too much to work on the original engine.

"THE MOTOR HAS BEEN CHANGED OUT,DUE TO THE FACT ,IT IS SO EXPENSIVE TO HAVE EURO,=MECHANICS DUE REPAIRS."​

N

nolegend59

tran ?

I bought this car the transmition turned out to be a a 85 astro-van 4 speed it works very well in car except the van had a 2.73 rear end and the stock alpine 3,89 was used so at 3000 rpm speed is 45 mph.PS. engine was not overhauled I got taken in deal as seller said meany things that were not true.Am getting things sorted out and and am enjoying car. NOLEGEND59.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
PS. engine was not overhauled I got taken in deal as seller said meany things that were not true.

Don't feel too bad. I bought our car on eBay, the guy said it was a good driver with no rust. At the time I didn't know enough to realize it was a Series V with a Series I engine, and several areas of rust and dents that are covered by bondo. Plus the engine blew up after less than 500 miles. Luckily it had the courtesy to blow while actually at the Invasion, and the rest is history... :)

Am getting things sorted out and and am enjoying car. NOLEGEND59.

Keep us posted! Any chance of new pictures? Especially the conversion bits?