• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gas Pedal Re assembly

ChrisR

Donation Time
Very close to finishing all winter restoration / reconditioning work. This forum has been invaluable.
I do not think the PO had the gas pedal installed correctly and I cannot find any decent pictures. I have the pedal with its extended rubber piece with 4 holes. Another rubber square pad with 4 holes and a similar metal plate with 4 holes and curved up piece at one end. There only seems to be 2 holes in the floor. Can anybody tell me how they all go together?
I am trying to stay as original as possible.
Thanks
Chris
Getting excited as there is more visible grass than snow!!

ChrisR

Donation Time
The one in the picture looks different to mine. I do not have a metal plate hinged to the pedal. Mine has a rubber piece instead.
I fabricated a small plate to sandwich the rubber part attached to the pedal (Sandwich the rubber between the plate and the floor. Then screwed it all to the floor.
As long as the pedal remains in place and still works, it's not a problem if it is not totally "stock". It's all hid by the carpets anyway.