• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gas Pedal Location Series 5

bashby

Donation Time
Removed the tired V6 (not a Jose Kit) and C4 auto from my series 5, transmission tunnel was modified a lot (not by me). Need to know the location-placement for the OEM floor mounted Gas Pedal (basic dimensions). Installing a Nissan CA18DET (1.8 liter Turbo 4-cylinder) and 5-speed.

bashby

Donation Time
Can anyone measure the gas pedal?

Anyone? just from the drivers sill/seat frame rail to the centerline of the pedal on the floor.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
From my "rust free" eBay Series V. After pulling the carpet to take pics I noticed my pedal mount is not quite stock. :mad: What is it supposed to look like?

Looked like roughly 19" from the seat rail to the pedal pivot.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Most original pedals have been modified by now since the factory original has a rubber hinge at the bottom, which by now has usually ripped apart. The pedal was just sheet metal screwed to the floor through a couple holes in the bottom with the pedal at rest at about a 20 degree angle towards the from of the car with the top hooked to the rod. The pedals that Rick At SS hade made used a metal piano hinge and plate at the bottom instead of the rubber. I don't know if he still has any.

65beam

Donation Time
gas pedal location

if your car has the original floor pans , there is a square indentation about 4" x4" that sets next to the trans tunnel . it's about midways of the tunnel. it should already have the holes drilled to mount the pedal .

bashby

Donation Time
Thank you!

Thanks to all of the SAOCA members who provided me with the information. I have a Gas pedal from Curt and now with this information I can locate the pedal (as I have no indentation).
Bill