• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gas Cap Replacement

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just finished putting in gas tanks and now I'm installing my new SS gas cap. I've harvested the seal/spring mechanism and collar from the old one. It appears the seal rivets to the new cap. Anyone have experience with this? Rivet size? The new cap attaches to the collar with a pin. How are people securing the pin? Same pin question for the release button.

65beam

Donation Time
gas cap

you should have 4 small metal screws that came with the new cap. these are used to secure the seal instead of rivets. if you pushed the pin out, just reinstall it. it's not going to go anywhere.

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
No screws with my gas cap, but I think that's the way to go. I'll slip up to the hardware and get some. As far as the pin, the hinge pin would work as you suggested, but the new release button has a pin that just slips in and out. I was thinking of scoring both ends, so that it would just bind once inserted.

65beam

Donation Time
gas cap

make sure you use flat washers to hold the seal section in place. make sure the four tabs slide freely over the mounting area where the screws go or the cap won't seal properly or it may not close at all.