• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Funwagon

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I can't help but feel sorry for that little motor pushing that van along (looks like a job for the dark side ;) ). Judging by the picture, somehow I think the gas tank will have trouble getting a compliance plate. Very cheap though.

Regards, Robin.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The 80mph speedo is a bit optimistic. I think I read somewhere the top speed of a Funwagon is more like 55mph.

This one sure looks like its in good condition though.

Hi,

I can't help but feel sorry for that little motor pushing that van along (looks like a job for the dark side ;) ). Judging by the picture, somehow I think the gas tank will have trouble getting a compliance plate. Very cheap though.

Regards, Robin.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think it is common engineering practice for a gauge to read twice the operating range. 80 mph is probably right on!

Bill

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I remember a dealer was selling these new in Cocoa, Florida in the 1960s. We walked thru them many times when we were looking for a camper, but alas, too high for our budget at the time :( They sure looked nice when they were new.:)

buckalpine3

Donation Time
They still do in a Bohemian kind of way. I'm just not sure where my beads and tie dyed shirts were stored.

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
Might hit 80 if it was dropped out of the back of a C130.
Same seller has a nice cabin cruiser & a nice morris minor woodie.
Thinning the herd ?

How tippy are those anyway? Wouldn't be ideal for an autocross would it.

Cris