• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel Tank Contents

ChrisR

Donation Time
Found the stuff in the picture in my fuel tanks. Pics do not include all the paint flakes. Cannot find the items listed in the WSM???? Wondeing if they need to be re installed after restoring the tanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 73

jfcroni

Donation Time
I'd say give all of that stuff back to the kids... and tell them it's not a Sunbeam garbage disposal.

CRBASIN

Donation Time
When I had my tanks professionally cleaned, the shop returned a dog bone.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 18

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Somebody didn't like you!

All a prank!

Or somebody's kids need their butts reddened!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Clearly the wood pieces are Hillbilly fix for water in the gas, the nail is for cleaning the bare metal, and the dog bone is like part of the punch line from a joke, "bury a bone without digging a hole"

ChrisR

Donation Time
I have owned the car for just over a year and a half. Previous owner had owned it for 30+ years but had not driven it for last 17 years. Upon finding paint flakes in the fuel filter and pump, it was clear that tank refurbish was a mandatory winter job. With the help of this forum of course, I got them removed pretty quickly this weekend. Am planning to go the POR15 route.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have used POR15 in many projects, mainly my fuel tanks! But it is also great on the rust trail:)

Saw a post recently were a member was to utilize muriatic acid.... I've also used it for different aspects of rust removal, BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL it is highly dangerous!!!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Google motorcycle gas tank cleaning battery charger.
Works slow but great and cheap.

CRBASIN

Donation Time
Chris,

Are you going to replace the rubber hoses that connect the tanks? I have some leftover and would be happy to pass it along for shipping cost.

John